Newbie License Questions

• Hello,

I am a newbie on krpano. Before using krpano, i use pano2vr and fpp.

I just purchase the unlimited domain license with the branding free license ten days ago. Working smooth with my first project. Just a few questions about the license embeding approach.

1. I use krprotect tools to embed the my unlimited domain license with branding free licencse to form a new swf. I also embed the files and plugin in the swf. That's what i delivery for my client's web admin, individual panorama in seperate swfs. Is this a correct approach to delivery the files?

2. After I use krprotect tools for a while, i found my name in the license instead of the company's name. Will my client know that? And what is the different of register to user name and company name?

3. I just found update files in krpano.com with the version 1.0.8.10, feeling so excited to try the ipad and iphone version. But i found all files are in js format, also the license is in js format. Is there any method on embed or encrypt the file, so that is the file is so easy to identify?

4. Did there any schedule for the hotspot in ipad/iphone plugin? Some client complain that the swf cannot be view in iphone. But lacking of hotspot seems a big defect to the swf counter part when we delivery to the user.

Thanks for the reply.

Benson

• Hi,

1. I use krprotect tools to embed the my unlimited domain license with branding free licencse to form a new swf. I also embed the files and plugin in the swf. That's what i delivery for my client's web admin, individual panorama in seperate swfs. Is this a correct approach to delivery the files?

there is no correct or not-correct approach,
    it depends on your needs, you could make a swf or each pano, or a main swf with maybe the xml files and button and so embedded and the pano tiles external (better for tours by the way),

2. After I use krprotect tools for a while, i found my name in the license instead of the company's name. Will my client know that?

no, he will not be able to see it,

And what is the different of register to user name and company name?

when ordering the license, you can select if it should be registered to your name or your company name,
    if you want to change the name - no problem, just contact me per mail,

3. I just found update files in krpano.com with the version 1.0.8.10, feeling so excited to try the ipad and iphone version. But i found all files are in js format, also the license is in js format. Is there any method on embed or encrypt the file, so that is the file is so easy to identify?

correctly not, but I'm think about a way to integrate the javascript viewer also to kprotect to be able to build domain locked .js files which have the license embedded,

4. Did there any schedule for the hotspot in ipad/iphone plugin? Some client complain that the swf cannot be view in iphone. But lacking of hotspot seems a big defect to the swf counter part when we delivery to the user.

I'm already working on that, but I can't say when it will be ready,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,

Thank you for your reply, already drop you a email. Please help to fix the name.

when ordering the license, you can select if it should be registered to your name or your company name,
    if you want to change the name - no problem, just contact me per mail,

I found the mentioned option in Share-it. But it is tricky, for return customer of shareit (I use shareit before buying krpano). That option is not effective when you buy some software before under personal name, and need to be change after the order is finalized by clicking edit details.

I am playing with the xml, I hope that I can handle it with a better skill soon.

Benson.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!