Radar with Krprotect

• Hi everyone!

I want to generate a swf compiled tour using Krprotect, but the radr plugin isn't compatible. Does anybody knw a workaround to use radar.swf with krpano ver. 1.0.8 ? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance from the subtropical regions of México.

• Hi!
    I actually have a problem when I want to include the radar and the map with Kprotect...
    In my tour, I have 3 views. When I includes the files with Krprotect, the radar/map/spots work perfectly on the first view, but when I go to a different one, only the map loads. No radar nor spots...
    Strange right?

You can see when it's not included here with Kprotect here:

http://priority-capital.fr/bubbleflash/si…del/bourdel.htm

And when it is, here:

http://priority-capital.fr/bubbleflash/site/test.swf

• It sounds like you didn't set keep="true" on those Plugins before you protected it. The best thing, IMHO, is to get your tour exactly how you want it before you ever start to use krprotect. Make sure the files are where you are going to keep them, for example if you don't embed the images (embedding the images would cause a slower load on the web) then protect it if you care to do so.

I have found that you WILL get a headache trying to figure out what is wrong when dealing with a xml embedded protected .swf. Again, IMHO it is better to work with the standard .swf or a domain protected swf without embedded XML to work out the issues.

Then Protect it

Hope that helps.

Jarred

• After I went through my xml files, it seems that all my set are on true... *huh*

The best thing, IMHO, is to get your tour exactly how you want it before
    you ever start to use krprotect. Make sure the files are where you are
    going to keep them, for example if you don't embed the images (embedding
    the images would cause a slower load on the web) then protect it if you
    care to do so.

It's exactly what I did... I did a tour working just like I wanted to ( my first link) and then tried to Krprotect it... and that gave me my second link, where it's not working...:S

So I'm kind of compfused, is there something I'm doing wrong when I embedd the files?
    The way I do it, is I open Kprotect, select one xml file (thenameofmyvisite.xml) and then just hit generate in the bottom left corner.
    Should I try something else?

• Actually it's not the google map plugin. I haven't buy this one yet. It's just the regular map and radar plugins. So I guess it's not coming from there... :S Too bad...

• So it's kind of annoying, because I don't want to give the xml files and all the pictures files to the custumer, I wish I could protect it..
    Any idea of how I could do?

• Hi,

the link doesn't work anymore,

but a question - have you set a zorder setting for the radar and the map and spot elements?

because when not - the order depends on the loading order, it that loading order can differ
    of course between loading from external and or when loading from embedded,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Klaus, thanks a lot for taking the time to help, I really apreciate.
    So the examples are visible here:

http://bubbleflash.fr/bourdel/bourdel.htm (normal but with all the files not embed)
    http://bubbleflash.fr/bourdel/test2.swf (with the files embed and my radar problem)

Basically what I'm trying to do, it is to give something simple to a customer/friend . So that's why I'm trying to embed everything in one file, because so far I haven't been able to open a tour from a different location (which would be great too, because that'd be faster, you're trying to help me on that too here: Open tour from a different folder and if that work, I wouldn't need to fix my radar problem anymore I guess... I need one or the other)

So here's what I did with the zorder command in my bourdel0.xml bourdel1.xml et bourdel2.xml files: but it is still not working...:S

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!