each folder seperate, right?

• OK, I am having trouble with everything I try to do with any customizing of KRPANO. Here is one thing that might be an easy answer for someone.

I have a folder for each state of the US, then each SET of panos from a location, then a folder for every pano itself so all the pano files can be by themselves.. Example:

UTAH>

Kolob Park>

pano 1

pano 2...

Zion park>

pano 1

Pano 2...

The question is, I cannot make all the nice features such as combobox, since all panos are in different folders. YET, when I put all the panos, and all the files in one big folder (each pano named differently) it becomes a total mess, and NOTHING works. Ideas for an easy way to set this up for me, please?

• Hi Stephen,

I've got a similar setup, here's how I do things.

Each pano file accesses 3 include files (using the <include url="urlpath"> tag).

1) global.xml -- contains all of the plugins and actions that are used in every pano, in my case that's the button plugins, the help system, the history manager and other globally useful actions

2) local.xml -- contains all of the tour specific plugins and actions, here you put in the actions to populate the combo box, the thumbnail plugin, the tour info plugin, the google maps information (including spots) as well as actions that may be tour specific

3) pano#_inc.xml (where pano# is the name of the main pano file)-- contains all of the pano specific information such as hotspot plugins, lensflares, and other pano specific actions and plugins

I put things like hotspots in the pano#_inc.xml file rather than the pano#.xml file because if I want to make an update to the website, I can simply change the template and then run krtools to regenerate the pano#.xml file and it doesn't write over all of the coordinates I've painstakingly placed in the pano#_inc.xml file.

This works for me, hope it is of some use for you.

steve

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!