Panorama on iPad

• Hi,

these crashes are a problem of the mobile safari browser,
    only apple can fix that,
    when you attach your iphone/ipad to sync with itunes, it will ask you to send
    the crash reports to apple, just say yes to that, maybe it can help apple
    to fix that, or contact apple directly...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi there,

I've bought the liscenses for krapano. I've deployed some virtual tours and happen to have this crashing problem on Ipad too. I'm using this newest version 1.0.8.12 (build 2010-11-24). Has the problem been fixed since?

Please advice on how I can troubleshoot and stop the crashes. Thanks.

• Hi Klaus,

I have also run into this problem on the ipad. We built a native app that included a webkit browser and still experienced the same issue, so it appears not to be an issue just with Safari, but with how webkit is handling JS and image sizes. This causes a memory leak that grows with each pano loaded.

With Safari we would crash the browser every 3rd pano loaded, without fail. With our webkit app we are able to load between 10-20 panos before the crash (we've tried to come up with creative ways of managing the memory, but still haven't been able to find a way around it).

One "solution" is to lower the resolution of the tablet images to 512. Mobile Safari can then load around 20 panos before crashing. We're currently testing our native app to see if we have an equal gain in performance. We lose some of the resolution, but at least we don't have the crashes.

More info on the webkit bug:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5739…iew-loadrequest

Thanks,

Daniel

• Sorry Daniel but there are no crashes if you use it correct with 1024x1024 cubefaces.
    You can also use 4x512 pixels. or even a 3x3 340x340 pixels tiling.

I have done dozens of tours with up to 30 panoramas including sound , autorotation hotspots and auto tour in them and have no crashes.

I advice you to reset your iPad or at least restart it.

The iPad is not different than any other computer. It may become corrupt and need a restart.
    Some one in another group also claimed that my panoramas crashed all the time.
    After he had made a simple restart everything worked perfect.

And do not use one of these popup pages which are so popular.
    They will make not just KRpano crash but also the other HTML5 viewers.

Hans

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!