You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "tksharpless" started this thread

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 2:50am

Sending view parameters back to website

Hi

I'm pretty ignorant about how krpano communicates user actions back to the the website. But I am thinking of an application to recreate a view, chosen by the user, at high resolution on the originating server. That would mean capturing projection type, view direction, fov, etc. at the moment when the user clicks 'print', and passing those data along with the source pano to a 'backend' app that would render the printable image. I envision this as a way to sell prints, for example on 360 Cities, so eventually the backend app would send the picture off to some service site to be printed and mailed.

Is getting these data from the user's PC a complete fantasy, or a perfectly routine operation, or something between?

Regards, Tom

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 2:43pm

Hi,

it's possible,
you can get/read every parameter/variable out of krpano by the javascript get() interface,
and then communicate in any way to server,

e.g. have a look to the javascript examples,

best regards,
Klaus