• Yo people,

maybe a stupid question but i understand that apple is gonna discontinue flash or so.... (?)

And now i like to now : will krpano work on html 5 and on devices?

For me it's abacadabra but maybe somebody can explain us and tell us not to worry ? *cry*

Thanx
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Sigh...

I bought the iPhone on the first day it was launched and I couldn't believe that it didn't support QTVR's. Here's the company that was one of the original major movers in interactive panoramas, and Quicktime on their phone didn't support panoramas!!!!!

Well, Klaus supported krpano on the iPhone not with Flash, Java or Quicktime, but with HTML5. Specifically, Klaus uses javascript to implement the multitouch interface, and uses the relatively new 3D css transformations to implement the viewing of 360 panos. The 3D transformations were implemented in webkit, which is the basis for Apple's Safari browser (as well as Google Chrome and other mobile browsers). It seems pretty clear that Apple has no intention of ever supporting Flash on their mobile devices, which as a fanboy disappoints me to no end; despite Steve Jobs' protestations to the contrary, the losers in his strategy are web developers and the users of their phone. So all this means that Klaus will have to develop his tool both with Flash and with HTML5. It also means that we will need to be cognizant of the differences and limitations between these two implementations when we're developing our panos. It will be interesting to see how Klaus addresses animated hotspots on the iphone, it can be done, but obviously not with Flash animation.

Here's a link to a panorama on Apple's HTML5 showcase. Note that on the iPhone, their panorama is nowhere as nice as krpano versions in that multitouch zooming is not implemented. Also note that they used a Quicktime like cursor model for panning, which seems bizarre on the Iphone. Klaus' implementation of interactive panning is much better suited to the iPhone's multitouch model.

steve

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pinsane (7. Juni 2010 um 15:53)

• Thanx Pinsane,

Poor Klaus, and he already is that busy..

I think we have to wait what is gonna happen ... with all this.
    I am just curious, and like to know what to say when people ask..

but as you say Klaus uses html 5 allready to show it on iphone/ipad..
    adn he says that it soon will be possible to have the full tours on those machines..
    So then it's html 5 compatible?

Is there more on that we can do or have to know?
    Are we already compatible? or do we have to be carefull in what we say when people ask?
    Klaus?

For me it's a bit complicated.. sorry.

Thanx
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Poor Klaus, and he already is that busy..

Yeah, this is not a very ideal situation. I believe Klaus is going beyond the call of duty by supporting our existing xml files for both HTML5 and Flash, but this will be a lot of work...

I think we have to wait what is gonna happen ... with all this.
    I am just curious, and like to know what to say when people ask..

Well as you know, it works now. It doesn't support everything yet of course. No multires, no plugins, no hotspots, no actions... But you can display your panos and users can pan and zoom

but as you say Klaus uses html 5 allready to show it on iphone/ipad..
    adn he says that it soon will be possible to have the full tours on those machines..
    So then it's html 5 compatible?

Yes, he's using html 5 for the iPhone. And Klaus has expressed he plans to implement more of the capability of the Flash tours over time.

For me it's a bit complicated.. sorry.

Unfortunately, it's going to be complicated for everyone for a while. Kudos to Klaus for taking on such an ambitious project...

Steve

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pinsane (7. Juni 2010 um 16:24)

• Who's gonna paperazzi Klaus, and publishes the picture with him in a swimming pool filled with kudos?
    *thumbsup*

thanx for the reaction Pinsane!

Tuur *thumbup*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!