• Styles are a really powerful feature, as they can make the software architecture of a tour a lot easier. With a bit of "onloaded" hacking one can almost make some kind of OO programming :P

It would be really great to allow multiple style levels to expand this feature (that is, allowing a style itself to have its own style). For instance, I have a style which is shared among all the buttons in a tour (for effects and so), and then another style which is used by the buttons used to change language (to set the width, parent, behaviour for onclick, etc). Right now, I have this second style loading the first one on "onloaded", but this would break down on a second level (because onloaded is only called once), and prevents the original style's onloaded function from being called.
    Another nice feature would be the ability to append code to the event handlers instead of just replacing them, such as with set(onover,bla). For instance, on overing a hotspot, one might want to have some effect on the hotspot, but also a map point lighting up. An "appendAction(onover,bla)" would be useful to add this kind of thing dynamically.

So, in my opinion the following features would be very nice:
    - Allow styles to have styles themselves
    - Have an "onstyleloaded" event
    - Append actions to onX events
    - Allow overriding of style objects in the plugin/hotspot

With or without these features, thanks for this great software, which is becoming more and more powerful ;)

Manuel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!