Krpano virtual tour editor KVTE - download available

• I believe it has promise. It would take some getting used to. For example, when creating a hotspot or plugin, you must use the add or + button. However, without seeing the plus (unless you hover the button) it makes things confusing.

Also, when the tour is complete, does it copy all of the various items and paste them all into a single upload folder? Just for example, if I take something from C: like a hotspot.swf and take something else, such as an image from a folder on the desktop, in the end do I have to move all of these items, or more correctly, should I initially place all of these items into the krpano folder?

Why does the program want to access the internet? Is it not a standalone program?

I will give it a better test run in the next week.

Jarred

• Hello! glad to see first feedback, thanks!

However, without seeing the plus (unless you hover the button) it makes things confusing.

Yes you right, we will fix this.... interface is not complite yet

Also, when the tour is complete, does it copy all of the various items and paste them all into a single upload folder? Just for example, if I take something from C: like a hotspot.swf and take something else, such as an image from a folder on the desktop, in the end do I have to move all of these items, or more correctly, should I initially place all of these items into the krpano folder?

We will add publishing function - all needed files will be copyed to project folder

Why does the program want to access the internet? Is it not a standalone program?

Hmm... i will find out this....

• Hello, and thank you for your soft...

There are several softs that help us creating KRpano tours... but none of them has this feature i really need :

I'm involved in the 3D animation CG market, and i'd need to go from a panoNode to another not with zoomin, nor fade, but with a prerendered animation...

ex:
    PanoA : move around, see nice panorama, then clic on hotspot to go to panoB...
    steps for that :
    -1 : go to a specific location x,y (look at)
    -2 : play the animation from panoA to panoB (pre-rendered so the specific location is important)
    -3 : open the panoB with the default loaction (look at) fits the last frame of my 3D animation...

why other tour softwares can't do that ? just because the only way for them to handle a flv / f4v animation is as an external swf object, so they lose the control after play...

So this is my request :
    as a hotspot action : lookAt x,y, play flv / f4v, open pano...

possible ?

• Hallo, Naxos!

Are you mean something like this - http://www.zvezdastolitsi.ru/virtual.html ?

I think it posible even with spherical panoramas
    When you click hotspot you need to set view at start animation position
    after this play animation
    loading panorama with specific view (end of animation)

Sounds easy but hard to made *cool*

Regards! Good luck..

• i gave kvte a test run.

EDIT: i must have had a bad load or something half of my complaints were taken care of after a reboot of my pc for other reasons. my comments will follow after i play some more.

1. plugins - alpha setting has a slider why not scale?
    2. hotspots - need setting for distorted, true or false
    3. hotspots - instead of sliders for ath and atv when crosshairs are on could there be a way to just click to use the crosshair settings automatically, rather than having to look then manually move the sliders.
    4. hotspots - need a way to automate the hotspot with loading a new scene. maybe a drop down menu with a list of all created scenes instead of having to type loadscene(scene1.xml)
    5. actions - when i create an action called scaledown there is no way to assign that action that is already created to a hotspot or plugin. when i go to the actions tab for a hotspot and select onover it would be nice to see a list of actions that were already created.

what is the difference between images and plugins they seem exactly the same?

i do wish there was an option to not use scenes though. i would rather have 1 xml created for each pano loaded. and a general pano for all the global settings for things that are choosen to be available in all panos.

also create a section for already built plugins. compass, loading bars, control panels. that can be selected and added with 1 click then just place them where needed.

Mindlessboss. this GUI definatly has promise. there is still a decent amount of hand coding needed for the actions and such but are are on the correct path. if you keep working on this it may end up being the defacto GUI for krpano. i really am starting to like this keep up the good work !!!

Edited 2 times, last by VN2009 (November 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM).

• 1. plugins - alpha setting has a slider why not scale?
    2. hotspots - need setting for distorted, true or false
    3. hotspots - instead of sliders for ath and atv when crosshairs are on could there be a way to just click to use the crosshair settings automatically, rather than having to look then manually move the sliders.
    4. hotspots - need a way to automate the hotspot with loading a new scene. maybe a drop down menu with a list of all created scenes instead of having to type loadscene(scene1.xml)
    5. actions - when i create an action called scaledown there is no way to assign that action that is already created to a hotspot or plugin. when i go to the actions tab for a hotspot and select onover it would be nice to see a list of actions that were already created.

what is the difference between images and plugins they seem exactly the same?

Hello!

Thanks for this good feedback! *smile*
    1. about all parametrs - do not worry, its very easy to add. (sacale - just missed, and will add in next pre alpha relize).
    2. hotspots - need setting for distorted, true or false (yes of course) and rotate, and rotate x, y, z, too. (will add in next pre alpha relize).
    ok, now is already done - hotspots click and drag, adding in centr of view, select by click. (you will see it in next pre alpha relize) *cool*
    click and drag for plugins/images is ready too.
    4. about common actions - yes you right! we will add this feature but not in next relize *rolleyes* its in todo list - common actions lists with settings. and actions edotor with function lists and hints.
    see 4. *wink* just not done yet. ( becouse ugly pre alpha )
    what is the difference between images and plugins they seem exactly the same? - we decided to split the plugins to "plugins" and "images"
    images - is all images in tour, like logo, interface and etc.
    plugins - is a true swf plugins, like editor, options, combobox, and etc.
    6. in todo list we have this options - automatic creation of map with points and radar, thumbnails, lists of scenes, adding group of images (show/hide window for example), textfields, html content window, and more other.... *cool*

We hope that this GUI be very usefull!

• Hi,

I have not had a chance to test your GUI but so happy *w00t* to findout about your development progress. I plan to test it over the next few days but a quick question: Does it work with the recently released Krpanoversion 1.0.8.12?

Thanks in advance!

Maz

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!