Making A Website like 360cities.net with ASP.NET

• Hello everyone,
    I am developing a website just like 360cities with asp.net. I need some answers,

1- I want to use sphere images because i don't want to spent my time for convering cube and sphere exchanges. But i am worried about slow opening for gigapan images. So must i use cube images to increase speed or is it posibble with sphere images, too? (I asked that beacause 360cities.net uses cube images)

2- Is there any component or document for web developers about krpano using?

3- How can i protect my sphere images to download?

Thansk for your help.

• Hi,

1- I want to use sphere images because i don't want to spent my time for convering cube and sphere exchanges. But i am worried about slow opening for gigapan images. So must i use cube images to increase speed or is it posibble with sphere images, too? (I asked that beacause 360cities.net uses cube images)

to increase download speed, you could tile it (e.g. with the krpano tools),
    tiling is possible to all kind of panos formats (cube,sphere,cylinder,partial),

2- Is there any component or document for web developers about krpano using?

how do you mean that???

3- How can i protect my sphere images to download?

you could encrypt it with krpano tools,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Is there any component or document for web developers about krpano using?

how do you mean that???

It means is there any Component (Extent) for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET or any other things for other developing programs.

One more question:
    I can't find any info about this on document pages and forums.
    Can I use Maketiled functions in any programming language? Must I use it on Mac OS and Windows like application?
    It means when a user send pano photo on our web site, will we get it on our pc and then use tools files, Or can we use tools on the web server automaticly? Thanks for your help. *wink*

Edited once, last by olmeca2005 (June 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM).

• Hi,

It means is there any Component (Extent) for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET or any other things for other developing programs.

no,

Can I use Maketiled functions in any programming language? Must I use it on Mac OS and Windows like application?
    It means when a user send pano photo on our web site, will we get it on our pc and then use tools files, Or can we use tools on the web server automaticly?

the tools are external applications, depending on your server (windows, linux) you can upload them to your server and call then them form your script language (e.g. php,asp,jsp,...) like you would do it on the command line,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!