• Hi, my name is Nikola Totuhov

I'm brand new user at krpano started reading y-day morning your documentation and I have question (not a begginer one)...

My main XML file, content the control plug-ins plus redirection to the next panoraama (by default) but I wanted to have map on it as well... unfortunatly when I add the map as an external xml (to keep my main XML light) the map disapear after I jump to another XML... Then I was thinking to add all panoramas information into the main XML file but that wasn't a good idea... 150 panoramas made my main XML file to become 630kb. So at the moment I have on my small tour (on each single panorama xml) a simple code...

<include url="loadmap.xml"/>

... but again everytime I open a single panorama from the map or i just jump from one to next panorama by hitting hotspots I have my map closed :( So now I start thinking that I need a flash plugin as a map and here is my question...

is there any option to keep my map with some sort of variable check for open or close inside "the map XML file"... or... by having the flash plugin... how do I deal with Flash xml loads and such? how do I control the main flash, from the plug-in I made? any documentation for... anyone with expert skills to help please!

Best,
    Nicky

• try keep="true" also, maybe you would like to post part of your xml so we can check it the map should not disappear when you click on a hotspot (unless you open a new html page)

• Hi,

I'm french and new user (7 days on demo version), so please be gently with me.

I'd like to add a small, smart and interactive map in my virtual tour (in the left low corner), like the "scenes imagemap" example in the krpano.swf demo version. It's exactly the kind of map i need.! Bigger when you click on it and then be able to choose which room you want to go.
    This "scenes imagemap" plug in is not in the "plugs in" file ??? How could i get it ?? Is there a special web site for plugs in's developpers ??

So far i tried the "combobox" instead of, but it's not that good when you've got more than 3 or 4 different panoramas. You can't visualize the entire house.

Otherwise, could i create an interactive map of a house, for example, starting from photoshop and add hotspots to jump from one room to another...?

Thanks for your help ! *g*

• Thanks for mentioning that imagemap example. I never really looked at it closely before. That example uses an image and also masks to prevent the radar path from showing through the walls. This was a custom made example. In other words, it was not an Actionscript code, but is all done with photoshop/or other image editor and xml. Check out the files in the example folder. It shows the map image and also the three map masks as well as the xml to make it work.

• Thanks..

I found and understood the way to use the "examples" folder and its xml's, two hours ago. I just try to understand, now, the parameters' details of each plug in and actions. And, also, a proper pedagogy to create a nice virtual tour without spend 10 or 12 hours to get through.

However, many questions remain pending. I'll use this topic to give the link if i ask a question on an other post.

Best regards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!