Amplify-on-Zoom Option for PlaySound3D

• Hi Klaus,

Can you comment on the feasibility of these two features for the sound interface plugin?

1) Have PlaySound3D amplify its sound as the viewer zooms in on the associated ath,atv coordinate?

2) Add a "max-volume" and "min-volume" setting to define limits on how loud or quiet a 3D sound can get?

Thanks!
    --Frank

• never thought of that but i like the amplify on zoom idea. probably could be done right now with some creative xml coding but that is to advanced for me. would be nice if it was built into the soundinterface.swf

• Hi Frank,

That' s a good idea... I have played on this and got the following code based on the directional sound example that comes inside Krpano dowload files... Here the code modified:

Inside the soundinterface plugin I have set 2 custom variables that define a volume max and a volume min for the range fov.
    I have added a onviewchange event that calls an action fov_volume() that makes the maths to set the volume for the current fov... the fov range comes from the values of the fovmax and fovmin.

It seems to work *wink* ...

SAlut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!