(resolved) swfkrpanomousewheel.js - update history clarification

• I was going to make some updates to the code format used to include panos on my joomla site... and have had an issue with the mouse-wheel fix js.

I thought I'd read where the latest swfkrpanomousewheel.js had been updated so that the var attribute - ID was irrelevant to the js... i.e. when embedding multiple panos on a single page, originally each had to have a unique ID... and the swfkrpanomousewheel.registerObject had to be set for each ID...

But, when I set the ID as a static item (same for all panos on a page), the mouse wheel fix is not working.

Am I incorrect in remembering a change in the mousewheel js item?

I also noticed a significant size reduction in the js files from the original I was using... to the current... 5kb down to 3kb (approximate)... which may not mean anything other than code optimization.

So, my questions...
    - should the flash var attribute for ID be unique for every pano loaded on a single page?
    - is there any dependency between which swfkrpanomousewheel.js used and the krpano.swf version?
    - am I just completely botching something simple?

Thanks,

EDIT - Problem resolved *wacko*

I was using the mouse wheel fix for the swfobject 1.5... instead of using the 2.1 version... *sleeping*

All is better now *smile*

I found the documentation that referenced the swfobject 1.5 issue about the div and ID needing to be named different... but it still looks like the ID's need to be unique for each instance of pano on a page.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!