Beginner needs help with imagetype

• Hello Everyone!

I red through nearly all the posts and I am stil confused about how to start off with krpano. I am aiming for the following project:

I want to do a walkthrough at our institute, with many labs, rooms, whatsoever, but everything is inside.
    So now just refering as example for one easy room, I understand that I have to

1. Get image of the room, but what kind of? Do they need to be done with fisheye lense, wide lense or just normal lense?
    2. Stitch them. Ok, but do I stitch them to one realy big panorama image? Because, I have red, that I might either stitch the image to a full 360°x180° panorama image or do 6 cubic images, but also each of them 360° x 180°?! That is the point that I somehow do not get...
    3. Drag&Drop the single of the 6 files into kmakemultires.
    4. Have fun

I realy would be happy to get a short answer on this!
    Anyway, thank you so far for your time!

greetings,
    Marcin

• I'm no pro concerning photography since I use 3d imaging, but...

1) You can either use a wide angle fisheye lense, so you only have to photograph a few times (or in some cases just 1 time). But From what I understand, fisheye gives the most distortion. So better would be making different photo's with like a 50-80mm lens I guess (just guessing here)

2) The way you stitch them is a matter of preference. I think most panorama software do spherical stiching. You then can convert them to cubical with krpano droplets. cubic has the least amount of distotion especially in flash 10. Concerning the 360x180 degree. Those are what you call partional panorama's in which you dont see the bottom/top only the center. (360 pan around, 180 degree up down /tilt)

3) krpano comes with krpano tools. which include .bat files (droplets) you drop the big panorama jpg on the bat of your choice. For instance MULTIRES to create a tour with multiple levels

4) well ejoy is ejoy the tour :P

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!