All multiresolution levels loaded. Why?

• Hello,
    I have panorama 6000x3000 and I use 3 levels.

I found that if I use FOV 70 аll tiles from the lower levels (1st and 2nd) and part of the 3rd level - current view - are downloaded.
    If I use FOV 80 all tiles from 1st and 2nd level are downloaded. I can't understand why all lower levels need to be loaded? It costs me loading time and bandwith.

Is there any way not to load lower levels only level of the current view?

• I found this solution:

Code
    <events onxmlcomplete="set(lockmultireslevel,1);"/>
    <events onloadcomplete="set(lockmultireslevel,-1);"/>

But if I use set(lockmultireslevel,current) lower level downloads too.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bg360 (29. Juli 2010 um 11:55)

• when I use progressive="false" the lower level just downloads silently. I check my temporary internet files.
    By now only this works:

Code
    <events onxmlcomplete="set(lockmultireslevel,1);"/>
    <events onloadcomplete="set(lockmultireslevel,-1);"/>

but I want to use set(lockmultireslevel,current) in stead of set(lockmultireslevel,1)

• Hi,

right, with - progressive="false" - the current level is loaded first,
    the low resolutions levels are loaded in this case because of the default - download="auto" - <level> settings,

see here for "download":
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#multires

add - download="view" - to the levels which should be loaded only when viewing,
    for just remove the unwanted/unneeded levels form the xml,

btw - for a 6000x3000 image, multiresolution is not that sense-full in the most cases,
    here a single level should be also okay, e.g. use the MAKE PANO (NORMAL) or MAKE PANO (TILED) droplet,

best regards,
    Klaus

• OK, you are right it's not a big issue when I use 6000x3000. I just want to optimize everything. I want to embed panos using 400x300px size , but with fullscreen option. So may be two is a reasonable number for levels.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!