Add a plugin that cover all the panorama area (window and FS) that acts like a screensaver

• Hi,
    First of all, let me mention that I was a FPP user that recently migrated to KRPano thanks to the continuous improvements and great support.

What I need to do is a simple concept, but I still didn't figure it out (as am still working with the KRPano documentation).

I need some way to create a screensaver function to my virtual tour. After x amount of time, the panorama would disappear and the screen would be filled with black screen with some text or animation waiting for input to restart the tour. The purpose of this is to be used on a display that will be available to the public and this is a way to save some power and to restart the virtual tour to the beginning.

The first thing that came to mind was to use a plugin that would be fired with a timer that is reset whenever there's input from the user. If the timer reaches the end, the plugin is activated and shows a SWF with the screensaver set at 100% width and height.

Now, is this a good solution? Any better ideas?

Thanks,

zyON

––––•(-• zyON •-)•––––

Edited once, last by zyON (August 11, 2010 at 8:24 PM).

• Just throwing out ideas.

Check out the event "onidle" to initiate your screensaver. Info can be found in the release notes. Of course, make your idletime much longer than .5

- onidle / "idletime"
    - will be called after some time of no user interaction/moving
    - the "idletime" can be set in the <krpano> node or via
    set(idletime, 0.5);
    - default "idletime" is "0.5" seconds

and then I would say have your screensaver plugin have an onclick action to load the startup pano.

Hope that helps.

Jarred

• Jarredja,

Thanks for ideas!

That's exactly the road I'm going right now...

Code
    <krpano version="1.0.8" idletime="10"><plugin name="saver" url="plugins/screensaver.swf" keep="TRUE" width="100%" height="100%" enabled="TRUE" visible="FALSE"/><events onidle="action(fireSS);"/>
    <action name="fireSS">	set(plugin[saver].visible,TRUE);</action>

But maybe it's more efficient to load the plugin on demand with addplugin(pluginname) ?

zyON

––––•(-• zyON •-)•––––

Edited once, last by zyON (August 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!