Location error in tiles with gigapixel images.

• Hi,

I have a problem with a giga pixel image (24 gigapixels in size) which has been divided and created by me using kmakemultires.exe without problems with a 520 px tilesize, 7 levels. The image works properly but the problem is that I have more than 114,000 images (520 x 520 size) in a single folder and FTP upload is very difficult. The best option would be to have the images divided into different folders as Zoomify does.
    I have tried to move the images to folders in groups of 256 images and then I have used the option %g in the xml file to indicate the location of the images in each level. This works properly for level 1 and 2 but level 3 generates an error indicating that no images are found in the adequate folder.
    For example, it searches for the image l03_005_022.jpg in the tile2, when the image is actually located in tile1, or tiles/tile3/l03_007_048.jpg" in the tile3, when the image is actually located in tile1

Is the command %g always a 256 image counter?.
    Why does the actual location does not match with the theoretical location?
    Is there any way to have the images divided into different folders and indicate the location of the images to KRpano?

Pablo

• Hi,

Is the command %g always a 256 image counter?.

yes, that's the placeholder for the zoomify tilegroup,
    it's a simple counter for the files,

Is there any way to have the images divided into different folders and indicate the location of the images to KRpano?

you can also use the column and/or row placeholders in the path,
    e.g. "row%v/tile_%v_%u.jpg"

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!