Google maps plugin "XML parser error: Unterminated Attribute (#1095) "

• I am using the following source from the googlemaps example to insert the googlemap into my panorama, when I try to load the html file I get the following error;

skin/defaultskin.xml - XML parser error: Unterminated Attribute (#1095)

I take this to mean that one of the attributes has a missing closing double quote " or ending tag />. Unfortunately I can not find the offending attribute to fix it. I removed the following code from the defaultskin.xml and it works fine without this in it, which I take to mean the error is definitely in the code here.

<plugin name="maps"
    url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/googlemaps.swf"
    keep="true"
    handcursor="false"
    align="leftbottom"
    x="10"
    y="10"
    width="300"
    height="300"
    key=">>############################################################################################<<"
    lat="38.910267"
    lng="78.966994"
    zoom="18"
    maptype="SATELLITE"
    dragging="true"
    scrollwheel="true"
    continuouszoom="false"
    keyboard="false"
    crosshairs="false"
    onmapready=""
    onmapmoved=""
    onmapzoomed=""
    />

size="100"
    alpha="0.5"
    fillcolor="0xFFFFFF"
    fillalpha="1.0"
    linecolor="0xFFFFFF"
    linealpha="0.0"
    linewidth="0.0"
    glow="true"
    glowcolor="0xFFFFFF"
    glowwidth="4"
    glowstrength="3"
    behindspots="true"
    dragable="true"
    />

anchor="topleft" x="2" y="2"
    />

anchor="topright" x="2" y="2"
    hasscrolltrack="true"
    />

onhover="showtext(Spot 1);"
    onclick="action(s1);"
    heading="0"
    active="true"
    />

plugin[maps].activatespot(s1);
    plugin[maps].pantospot(s1);
    loadpano(pano1.xml,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));

Thanks

Rick

Edited once, last by Run (September 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM).

• I have been using the editor to review the generated xml and have found the following;

Looking between usecontentsize="false" and continuouszoom="false" the greater then, less then symbols are not in my original code. Not sure how to fix them if they are the issue? Also, no matter how I format it in my xml code the url is always empty in the generated xml.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rick

Edited 2 times, last by Run (September 7, 2010 at 8:02 PM).

• Have you tried using a text editor to edit your xml? I like notepad++. There are several different programs available. Or if you wish to continue using the krpano editor, are you saving your file to disk? I believe when you transition from one pano to the next, all changes are lost unless you have saved it to disk.

• Got it working, it had to do with the closing bracket on the <plugin name="maps" , for some reason it was not accepting the closing one until I started to delete spaces before it. The it all worked.

• Hi Jarredja,

Actually I use Dreamweaver to edit everything, when I said i used the "editor", I should have been more clear, I meant i used the editor plugin to just view the generated xml. I make all my changes and do all my editing though in Dreamweaver, without the code hinting I would be lost *cool* . I was saving the xml to disk and then using a compare tool to try to figure out where my issue was.

Sorry for asking so many questions, you have been a great help. *thumbsup*

Thank you

Rick

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!