Can googlemaps.swf be embedded with KProtect?

• I tried to embed the googlemaps.swf into my protected file and it says it cant find it. Is it ok to embed this file, I purchased it and thought it should not be placed on the server as then people could download the full version of the plugin. I need to protect that file by embedding it correct?

Thanks

Rick

• Ok I am a little confused here, if someone could tell me if my understanding of the paths in kprotect are correct I would appreciate it. I have no basedir declared in my xml and yet it seems that kprotect sets the base dir to wherever the startup xml is loaded from, is this correct?
    My folders are set up as;

Plugins
    googlemaps.swf

Skin
    defaultskin.xml etc...

Columns.tiles
    images...

In the defaultskin.xml I call the googlemaps.swf plugin with the path url="../plugins/googlemaps.swf" which should if the root is set to skin by kprotect tell it to go up a directory and then down into the plugins folder to retrieve the googlemaps.swf file. yet what I get is the error log telling me that it cant find the googlemaps.swf in the skin folder.

Am I missing something about how kprotect manages the paths of embedded files? Right now to get it to work I gave up and just copied the googlemaps.swf file into the skin folder. But I really want to understand how its working so I can call things properly.

Thanks

Rick

• You can use the constants %FIRSTXML%, %CURRENTXML%, %SWFPATH%, %HTMLPATH% and set the path of the google maps plugin relative to those. You can find the meanings for those constants here .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!