• Hello Everyone,

I'm new to krpano which I have followed for some time while using pano2vr. I find the features of krpano more superior to pano2vr but in the same breath frustrated that I am not a programmer. I'm working through the structure of xml and trying a few different things and probably have many questions but one in particular for now.

1.) is it better to create a single xml file to load all the variables or should I just add multiple swf.addVariable strings to the html file?

Hopefully there isn't much of a large learning curve.

Thanks,

Robert

• I believe it is personal preference. I use xml files to control everything, however, I have seen others with multiple addvariable lines in an html page. Have you looked at the example folder in the viewer download package? It should give you a good start.

• I use PHP. My swf is a kprotect-generated swf where I embedded a loader.xml which only contains one instruction, which in turn loads a php path from my server. The php then generates the xml dynamically based on session variables, server variables, etc. I believe this is the most flexible solution if you know how to do it, since there are things you can't do (or at least not easily) with krpano's scripting...

• Thanks for you input but as my original post indicated I am not a programmer and haven't a clue as to what you are talking about although I understand what you are getting at. Only if I knew how to do that I'm sure it would work well.

Robert

• Sorry if I sounded rude - not my intention. As much as I would like to really learn, I need to get through the basics. For example I posted another thread about the include statement. Basically I started with 10 panos that i wanted to link with the combobox. I got it to work based on the example. Then I tried to add the xml for the buttons and the combobox stopped working, then I took out the xml for the buttons and then nothing worked properly. I've spent the entire day trying to figure it out. So then I figured I would go and try something different.

I loaded the editor and optios xml in to a file called options.xml then tested - result worked
    Then I loaded the include statement for the buttons then tested - both editor, options and buttons worked.
    Then one by one I started adding the statements for the scenes using combobox then tested each level. result worked

So now I'm scratching my head as to why it didn't work before and now all of a sudden it does so I carried on and wanted to add a hotspot. I used an png file and added the statement from the combobox example and once again it didn't work, it didn't even show up so I am again at a loss.
    and I really don't want to go through the previous exercise only to find out it worked but I shouldn't have to do it like that every time.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Robert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!