URL Rewriting like SWFAddress

• Hello, if you make a great panorama, with multiple part, you can want that visitor share to there friend the part they like, so we need an specific url for each part of the panorama.

Right now , we have only one solution, is to make every part on different url with spécific html, and to load the different part of the pano frome the other with the action open url, but we have two big problem with that : first if we are in full screen, we leave this fullscreen, seond we can't have something as beautiful as we have withe the loadpano and blending mode.

So do you have an other solution ??

I learn the URL Rewriting like SWFAddress, do you think we can use it or do you have a solution ??

http://www.asual.com/swfaddress/

The pano i'm working on :http://www.doppelart.com/gallerie/egregor&bernede/gallerie/1/</a>

• Well, you can put text in the clipboard with System.setClipboard(str);

Assuming you don't want to do any server side scripting, this is the simplest, most basic solution:

* You make all your tour with loadpano, such that the URL never changes during the tour, but you ALSO make one HTML for each pano (which opens each pano directly).
    * You use a common identifier within each xml from which you can derive the name of the required HTML. For example, you can use something like krpano.get("xml.url") and then use string operations to extract only the filename, or you put inside each XML a custom variable containing the corresponding HTML path; For example, inside abcd.xml: <doppelart directlink="abcd.html" /> and then you use krpano.get with that.
    * Once you have the unique html filename, you use string operations to build the full URL and then System.setClipboard to put the full URL in the clipboard.

When the friend of your first user accesses the website through, for example, abcd.html, he will see abcd.html in the filename during his entire visit, however since he will also have the same button he can use to get the URL to any specific position, this is not a problem.

• Ok, this is very clever and no very difficult, but if i want to use with something like sharing with facebook, and other shearing system, without any clipboard option, i need to make an loadurl before loading my menu of sharing option.

Is not easy for the user !!! and after i didn't have the sharing menu open !

• In the last step, instead of using System.setClipboard, you can do anything you want with your permanent URL, such as sending it via HTTP to another URL (as in facebook) using Flash's HTTP methods... Sorry if this isn't what you're asking, but as a non-native speaker my understanding of english is limited to only textbook english. I wish my french was better :/

• I did it with Javascript - You can set a variable in the url and pass it to krpano to load a certain scene or file.

Here's the js:

And I just set s=scenename in the url i.e. http://domain.com/test.html?s=hotelscene

• Hi,

For my tours based on 1 HTML -> n XML, to share URL I generate it in the browser address bar
    with all current parameters : position, zoom, autorotation, mask, sound...

So the visitor don't need to "select/copy/past" this link, they just drag and drop from the address bar to where they want (favorites, desktop, forums, OpenOffice...)

Have a look and feel free to comment,
    -Is my "Share Button Pin" popup OK, sufficient or not clear...
    -Should I manage a single popup to present choice eMail / Share...

• Jaydee,
    I wrote "yes *thumbup* "

and I have uploaded demo and tested it : scene and manual.

So, this plugin (only 10€) is a good solution

but not sufficient to replace my own implementation, I wrote "my own implementation" :

because this plugin
    - manages scenes (only one XML file per tour),
    - *question* doesn't update the browser address bar, I don't saw it
    (the real matter of a real deep linking address solution)
    - doesn't return the exact position in the current displayed pano (x, y or ath, atv and fov)

An online demonstration would be better to be sure of exact possibilities *wink*

• Your claims to the plugin are unreasonable. Refer to documentation again, you didn't properly understand the plugin usage.
    - Plugin supports panoramas located in external xml files as well as the scenes.
    - Plugin updates browser's address bar. If you don't saw that, please, configure the Flash Player security settings, to allow this plugin to update address bar. This guide might help.
    - I will release update to my plugin, which will add the possibility to parse url parameters.

Edited once, last by jaydee (January 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM).

• Hello Jaydee,

Probably I missed something or not understood "deep linking address" *sad*

Here my test :
    0) I've uploaded your demo file, unzipped into h:\test\
    1) I've updated my browser flash security settings (adding h:\test)

2) I've loaded scene.mode.html
    -- a) in my browser address bar : file///H:/Test/scene.mode.html#/pano2
    3) I've cleared my browser bar address
    4) I've moved in the pano
    5) I've clicked on the button "Copy Link"

MY Results
    - My browser address bar is still clear ???
    BUT
    - in my clipboard I got: file///H:/Test/scene.mode.html#/pano2

I repeat, your plugin is very interesting
    I have tested not to criticize but possibly to purchase it...

So, is-it possible for you to reach online your demonstration?

• Hi, jpdeglet69

Please, review scene.mode.xml code and documentation.
    In the XML code, pano2 is defined as root pano, that is why file:///h:/test/scene.mode.html and file:///h:/test/scene.mode.html#/pano2 is the same linkage to the second pano. And that is why pano has not been reloaded.
    To make a long story short, at this time, plugin maps an external xml file with the pano (or scene with the pano) to the specific url, so it can be shared with others. There is no support for mapping url to particular pano view properties. I'm working on this feature now.

Offline examples denostrates all of the plugin features. Why are you need an online demo?

• Jaydee,

"In the XML code, pano2 is defined as root pano, that is why file:///h:/test/scene.mode.html and file:///h:/test/scene.mode.html#/pano2 is the same linkage to the second pano. And that is why pano has not been reloaded."
    => For me, when you click, you should update the browser bar address, every time... (I do that but I am not fully satisfied of my actual solution).

"Online demo"
    => to prevent all flash authorization issue...
    => and for more demonstrative future online use.

"There is no support for mapping url to particular pano view properties. I'm working on this feature now."
    => Good news!!! it is simple and very usefull to mark/to share a particular position...

And I beg your pardon if I hurt you during this exchange. *wink*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!