Clemson University Athletic Facilities Virtual Tour

• Hi all,

I am excited to announce the launch of my first virtual tour using krpano. It is a display of the athletic facilities of a university here in the United States. I couldn't have added some of the features of this tour without such a great product and the collective knowledge of this community, which I have absorbed (at least a little bit) in reading hundreds of past posts.

The university logo is a Tiger paw, and I created hotspots using a spinning paw, as well as some glowing hotspots that bring up information about the pano (see Scroll of Honor in the Football section). Also of note is a video player that can be cued by pressing the glowing button on the remote control, it pulls videos from the university's Youtube channel.

You can check out the tour here:

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/ot/clemson360/index.html

And the university's press release of it here:

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/genrel/092310aab.html

I believe we have 36 panos up there now, but this is an ongoing project that will add many more in the coming months. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

• Cool ;)

I like the remote-control interface, but the real goodie is the video integration. May you tell a bit about "whats under the hood" ?

Some constructive critique: There seems to something odd with the projection of some of the panos. I`m not quite sure what happened her,but maybe it can be fixed by using the voffset parameter.

EDIT: I had a closer look at one of the images and even though using voffset would help a bit, it would not make it right. May there be some cylindrical images projected as spheres ?

Full-screen work from the video-player too, which is cool, but when already in full-screen it "jumps" out of full-screen, but that's a minor problem, if a problem at all.

• John is right there is something wrong with some of these panos. they have a wierd bow to them. things shouldn't be cirved like that. if you can't get them straight you might not have your NPP calibrated correctly. i would work on fixing these before using this as en example of you work.

make some horizontal control points in ptgui and you can straighten them right out. also when looking closely there are numerous stitching error tha can be found all over the place.

• John/VN2009,

Thank you for pointing out the warped pano. I did have some issues with the early ones that I shot that I attribute to not having a new tripod fully leveled. That said, this project is my first using PTGUI so maybe I missed something when stitching. For those panos I just let it detect the EXIF data from the camera to tell me what's best.

Would you mind taking a look at the following links and telling me if you feel the same issue distracts from the pano:

http://www.earlycommit.com/clemson/test/miami-game-50.html

http://www.earlycommit.com/clemson/test/hill.html

As opposed to the other panos in the project, these viewpoints were shot using a Samyang 8mm fisheye on a Canon 7D with a Manfrotto tripod, don';t know if that made a difference. I've never been bothered by warping as I have attributed that to one of the by-products of the way you wrap a 360. But if there is a better way to do it I am all about it.

John, thanks for the compliment on the video player. The little bug you mentioned is something I couldn't quite get fixed so I just decided to go with it. As far as what is under the hood with that one, it is an external swf that appears through addplugin. The swf calls an xml file where variables are set to pull video clips from my client's Youtube channel. I am still learning as a photographer and improving as a graphic designer, but I have always had some flash skills and they came in handy here.

• something is still wrong i do not notice that bow as much in the pano itself but when you look down at the white lines as they cross through the orange logo it bows. that says there is something wrong. i use the samyang 8mm myself and have never seen that happen. even having the tripod not level is not an issue these days. as long as it was not chagned during the sequence, even if it was crooked ptgui can align in with horizontal control points. you definatley still have something not lined up right.

how did you calibrate your NPP? what panohead are you using?

also for the sake of argument it is just too easy to tilt your pano head up and grab a zenith shot. not being able to look down is one thing but restricting the view up is unprofessional to me. if you want to be taken seriously learn how to make a full 360. ptgui has viewpoint correction now so you can take a handheld nadir shot and patch it in with relative ease these days.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!