• Hi all!

i'm new to as3, xml...in two words i'm new to web programming. I'm studying but i'm a beginner. Some year ago i used flash but in the meantime flash language is changed very fast and now is like restart from zero.

I'm passionate about photos and i'm approaching the magic world of virtual tours.

I downloaded krpano but honestly i don't understand too much about how he work. I'm so frustrated because i'm working on krpano since 2 days but with no reuslts, except drag & drop my photo to the droplet to make it navigable :)

Is possible that doesn't exist a GUIDE to krpano? i'm surprised by the non-existence of some tutorial for beginners! Ok i know, i obviously don't expect to learn as3 and xml in a couple of tutorial, and in fact i'm studying to learn..but at least some trick & tips about it would be nice and appreciated.

I really don't understand the steps to use krpano. When i have to open flash and when not? what's the right way to edit xml? i have to load swf by xml to add features? how i use the plugins? how i export the work to swf at the end? and moch more questions..

I see this is the best application to create pano but is the most difficult too.

Somebody can help me to clarify the main concept? i don't ask to explane me deep programming, but just the main procedure to create vt and add features using xml, and using flash
    There is not a guide?

thanx!

bye all

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hardflip (30. September 2010 um 02:11)

• You don't have to learn actionscript to create tours with krpano. You need to know xml though. xml files used by krpano are simple; Reading a few tutorials on xml should be enough.
    With regard to krpano, there is documentation , which , though not up to date, is helpful.

So, your action plan:
    1- learn xml. It is easy.
    2- Read the krpano documentation.
    3- create a tour with the droplets. Modify that tour by adding plugins, hotspots and what not taking help from the documentation. If you run into road block, you can always come here *smile*

Krpano is a bit difficult to begin with, but once you get hang of it, you can work wonders with it!!!

All the best. *thumbup*

• Hi,

you don't need Flash itself to use krpano, just the Flashplayer,

I will always recommend to have a look at the xml and html files of the included examples,

krpano itself works like that:

• the krpano.swf is the main viewer (a Flash application)
    • it will be 'configured' by one or more external xml files
    • it can (should) be included into a html file (at best by a javascript Flash embedding script, I would recommend the default swfkrpano.js)
    • in the html file there the path to the xml file can be set
    • and in the xml the pano images and user interfaces image where defined
    • the <image> tag defined the pano itself
    • a simple image or flash plugin will be included by the <plugin> tag
    • and hotspots by a <hotspot> tag
    • you will find descriptions of each xml and its attributes tag here - https://krpano.com/docu/xml/

for virtual tours I would recommend to have a look at "scenes-with-*" examples,
    there several panos are organized in <scene> tags and connected by hotspots,

best regards,
    Klaus

• thanx all for the reply

i'm working hard on kr and i'm slowly learning how it works.

im' a bit confused about which xml file i have to edit...i explane:

example:

after create panromama by dropping my "HOMEPANO.jpg" photo on droplet i open the homepano.html and homepano.xml files generated in dreamweaver (i use it as xml-html editor).

Then, to load plugins: 1) i copy the swf plugins and paste in my project folder 2)i load plugins form housepano.xml 3) i save xml file 4) i preview the housepano.html in my browser.

Is right?

another thing..i see that in my project folder krpano create the files "krpano.swf" and "krpano.xml". I imagine that krpano.swf is the final results of my work, and krpano.xml his relative xml file.
    So..is right if i use krpano.xml to edit plugins parameter?

When i need to edit (example) the HOUSEPANO.XML and when the KRPANO.XML?

am i doing a ood job or i'm totally out?

thanx
    sorry for my very basic newbie questions *smile*

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hardflip (2. Oktober 2010 um 00:20)

• The .swf only contains the viewer, which is always the same. The xml it is using is referenced in the .html file, the other one is ignored, unless you add another line to load a second xml or use <include> inside the active xml to include the other one.

Alternatively you can use kprotect to embed all your files inside the .swf .

• The .swf only contains the viewer, which is always the same. The xml it is using is referenced in the .html file, the other one is ignored, unless you add another line to load a second xml or use <include> inside the active xml to include the other one.

Alternatively you can use kprotect to embed all your files inside the .swf .

mmh

in the HTML file is referenced the file housepano.xml (i think)

var swf = createswf("krpano.swf");
    swf.addVariable("xml","HOUSEPANO.xml");
    swf.embed("krpanoDIV");

so i have to load plugins in my housepano.xml?

and why if i add editor plugin and click on "xml" it show me the krpano.xml instead of my housepano.xml?

on which xml file i have to work? and which i must ignore?

• :(

i'm stuck.

When i drop my pano on the droplet (example "mypano.jpg") it generate mypano.html and mypano.xml..so i think i have to work on mypano.xml to add plugins and features...but why if i add "editor" plugin and i click on "xml" he show me the krpano.xml on the screen, not mypano.xml. Lensflare and hotspot too are controlled by krpano.xml. So..which xml i have to edit? both xml files affect final result.
    And how i see the work i'm doing?..opening the html in my browser or opening krpano.swf?

here you are all expert programmer i think..but a newbie like me is out of the games.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hardflip (2. Oktober 2010 um 17:00)

• I just edit the xml with notepad.

which file? *smile*

the file i see in this page https://krpano.com/docu/xml/

is not the same i generate! this is the structure of krpano.xml not of the xml generated by droplet

this is my xml file:

<krpano version="1.0.8">

<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="90" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fovmax="120" />

<preview type="CUBESTRIP" url="PANOLOLO.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image type="CUBE" multires="true" tilesize="4000">
    <level tiledimagewidth="900" tiledimageheight="900">
    <left url="PANOLOLO.tiles/pano_l_%0v%0h.jpg" />
    <front url="PANOLOLO.tiles/pano_f_%0v%0h.jpg" />
    <right url="PANOLOLO.tiles/pano_r_%0v%0h.jpg" />
    <back url="PANOLOLO.tiles/pano_b_%0v%0h.jpg" />
    <up url="PANOLOLO.tiles/pano_u_%0v%0h.jpg" />
    <down url="PANOLOLO.tiles/pano_d_%0v%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    </image>

</krpano>

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hardflip (2. Oktober 2010 um 18:13)

• Can you zip up all that you have (excluding any license info, of course) and upload that zip file to a server for us to download and see what you are doing? Did both files get generated when you dropped the image to a droplet?

• i try to explane my doubt with some screenshot:

THIS IS MY Equirectangular PANORAMIC PHOTO MADE BY PTGUI:

After i drop it in MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet i obtain this:

As you can see i added the Plugins folder in my project folder. I thnk is useful to have all plugins available in my folder.

i open PANOLOLO.XML with dreamweaver and add an "editor "plugin
    This is my panololo.xml

Is OK? Now i preview my panorama opening my HTML in my browser:

From this moment i want to see the xml trough my editor. I click XML, and i see this:

is not my panololo.xml. What's this? it contain much more information and a larger structure than my panololo.xml
    what's the difference?

when i add an hotspot and other features i see it in THIS xml not in my panololo.xml

so.i have to work on this xml ore what?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hardflip (2. Oktober 2010 um 21:47)

• What you see in the editor, is what the swf actually gets from your xml. Part of that is automatically added from the editor or krpano.swf. Those are all the default settings added to your xml. If you define a setting in your xml, it will overwrite the defaults.

In other words, all of the extra you see is added when the viewer reads your file. NOTE: if you use the save to disk option, your xml will be rewritten as you see it on the editor screen.

When I used the editor, which I don't much anymore, I never saved this entire code as my xml. I believe it makes the xml file larger and thus a bit slower to load. I may be mistaken as the .swf seems to need this info anyway. If you don't mind having all of this necessary but default/standard code in your file, save that file to disk. In fact, I believe it will help you learn krpano more quickly as Michel, the great *wink* seems to gather knowledge about krpano from the editor before it is posted by Klaus.

• What you see in the editor, is what the swf actually gets from your xml. Part of that is automatically added from the editor or krpano.swf. Those are all the default settings added to your xml. If you define a setting in your xml, it will overwrite the defaults.

In other words, all of the extra you see is added when the viewer reads your file. NOTE: if you use the save to disk option, your xml will be rewritten as you see it on the editor screen.

When I used the editor, which I don't much anymore, I never saved this entire code as my xml. I believe it makes the xml file larger and thus a bit slower to load. I may be mistaken as the .swf seems to need this info anyway. If you don't mind having all of this necessary but default/standard code in your file, save that file to disk. In fact, I believe it will help you learn krpano more quickly as Michel, the great *wink* seems to gather knowledge about krpano from the editor before it is posted by Klaus.

thank you. Now is a bit more clear.So the editor xml is a kind of box with empty informations, and i can writ informations there and copy to my xml. Yes i think i will copy to disk the entire file and i'll overwrite my xml.

Thank you.
    For the moment ..that's all :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!