You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 1:41am

Poor quality

hi

after a first phase of panic i'm learning first xml steps using demo version of krpano
I have my first question.

After dropped my photo on the pano droppler i obtain a really low quality file. Why?
The picture is in high quality, why krpano reduced the quality? is beacuase i 'm in demo mode or ther is some option to configure?

thanx

Friday, October 1st 2010, 2:34am

What was the image size before you dropped it? You can open the bat file and make changes to it pertaining to quality. Look at This page for some options.

http://www.krpano.com/tools/ktransform/

Just remember, making changes to quality affects the file size.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 8:49am

Hi,
After dropped my photo on the pano droppler i obtain a really low quality file. Why?
what droplet have you used? (and what version?)
and what kind/type of image?
do you have screenshots?

normally there will be only very low quality loss (due transforming and jpeg compression),

best regards,
Klaus

u3pog

Trainee

Friday, October 1st 2010, 9:42am

Remember that after you use the droplet it distrot the photos so it can bring them to cubic version and of course there is some quality loss! To prevent this I try to make a really sharp images and after I use the droplet they are kinda what I want.

Best,
Nicky

Friday, October 1st 2010, 2:16pm

thanns for reply

the pano photo is made by the software PTGUI, and is an high quality 6662 X 2998 equirectangular 360x180. I want to obtain a spherical image.
I used the droplet "make pano normal".

The loss of quality is at least 90%...very very poor quality

Friday, October 1st 2010, 2:34pm

Hi,

can you show a screenshots or upload the pano or the image anywhere?

best regards,
Klaus

VN2009

Professional

Friday, October 1st 2010, 3:15pm

make sure when you export from ptgui make sure you select to highest quality without losing details or else ptgui will downsample if you choose jpeg. also the droplets when converting to jpeg downsample to %80 by default. can be changed though.