You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rahim

Trainee

• "Rahim" started this thread

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 4:14pm

setting the dimensions of the flash player

hi everybody !

my client wants to publish some of tours whitout the use of html nor javascript he wants to use the flash directly however he has a size problem (the flash is small er then he wants),when i try to use the kprotect i can only choose the dimension when i am creating stand alones.
my question is how can i ajust the flash dimensions for the flash file that will be used on the internet ????
any help will be really appreciated
thanks *thumbsup*

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 5:12pm

I don't think it's possible, but it should always use the maximum possible amount of space in your browser's window (?)

Rahim

Trainee

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 12:27pm

i'm sure there is a way but have no clue how to do it help anybody????

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 2:27pm

Is he opening the swf on a web browser or directly in his computer using flash player? Can you show us a full screen screenshot of what it currently looks like?

Rahim

Trainee

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 8:35pm

here u go
Rahim has attached the following image:
  • Screen shot 2010-09-29 at 2.19.57 PM.jpg

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 8:44pm

A look at the page code would probably help too. Is this a flash page or is it in fact a html page they are trying to embed the swf into? To me, it looks like they are embedding into html and have either not used 100% to fill the div created for the viewer or the div size is incorrect for the page.

However, with more information maybe someone here can help solve this issue.

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 2:37am

I'll just summarize all the possibilities here:

1) You're using the area tag incorrectly, restricting the viewer area from your XML

2) It's the container's fault:

* HTML page: Check the CSS and containing elements like Jarredja suggested; try using Firebug (a Firefox addon) or Google Chrome to inspect the tree and find out which element is constraining the size of the viewer window.

* Flash page: You must be loading the viewer using something like a Loader then. I don't know what quirks would need to be ironed out, but the problem would still be in the parent swf.

I had requested a full screen screenshot so I could tell whether you were using a browser and the size of the window when compared to the desktop. Assuming you're in a browser, what happens when you resize the browser window?

Rahim

Trainee

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 9:45am

hey there ,
hmm well from what i understand they are using a flash page .
but how can i be using the area tag incorrectly, restricting the viewer area from my XML??
and is that is the case how can i fix it ??

thanks alot for your help!