Bug in using stop(); after using playvideo(url); ???

• Hi Klaus,

In fact, it seems that the the stop(); action becomes unavailable after using an playvideo(url); action only when the videoplayer plugin is used as an distorted hotspot *huh* ....

SAlut.

edited: in fact it happens too on <plugin>...

Edited once, last by michel (October 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM).

• Hi Klaus,

Here an example on-line of the Bug in using stop(); after using playvideo(url);
    After pressing the reload button that calls an playvideo() action, the stop button stops working...

Also, it seems that using an effect attribute for a distorted hotspot makes the video to not refresh... The video refreshes only when panning... Plugins or non distorted hotspots are not affected...
    Here an example using effect ...

SAlut.

• Michael,

In tab one,.....

onclick="hotspot[videospot].playvideo(%SWFPATH%/examples/_DEBUG_video-hotspot/Agora.flv);

your callling a new video,.even though it's the same file..so to say,... use this,...which you did have in others tabs, i think

onclick="hotspot[videospot].play();

I was stuck on this problem for days and received no replys,....be careful with play and playvideo,...with play video your calling a new video,..so i think,..no expert here but glad to help

Rob

• Hi Rob *wink* ,

You misunderstood the purpose of the use of the playvideo(url) action inside the reload button (In tab one)... As you point out, it calls the same video file... It could be an other file if you prefer, that's not the problem... The problem is that after using the playvideo(url) action, the stop() action does not work any more...
    That's the Bug that I am referring to...

SAlut.

• Hi,

The problem is that after using the playvideo(url) action, the stop() action does not work any more...

I think I found the reason now....
    The problem is that the variable isvideoready becomes false after using the playvideo(url) action and the video player does not manage the value after the new video is ready and plays...
    So, this variable must be set to true after calling the playvideo(url) action to makes things works properly...

Code
    hotspot[videospot].playvideo(url);
    set(hotspot[videospot].isvideoready,true);

Doing this, the stop() action works correctly...
    But I am not sure if, setting the variable manually is a good practise or not (should be managed by the player on new video)...
    What does isvideoready means exactly ?

SAlut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!