I have a visit that works just fine when I include it this way:

Code
    <div class="tour">
    			<object width="940" height="480">
    				<embed src="Visit.swf" width="940" height="480" allowFullScreen="true">
    				</embed>
    			</object>
    		</div>

But If I put the visit and all the files (xml/pictures...etc...) in a different folder to better organize my website, and then include it this way:

Code
    <div class="tour">
    				<embed src="MySubFolder/Visite.swf" width="940" height="480" allowFullScreen="true">
    				</embed>
    			</object>
    		</div>

It then doesn't work :(
    It gives me a "loading error (IO ERROR)" ...
    What can I do?

• Oh yeah, I saw it when I re read the message... but actually on my page it's both written with the "e". I took it off here to look english..
    My problem doesn't come from here. Actually when I write the wrong text it doesn't even display the viewer. It's only when it's the right file address that it tells me that it is a "loading error"...

Do I have to always put all my files to my website's root?? root
    Doesn't it get compfusing when you tend to have a lot of tour? I wish I could classify them in folders...

• Okay, so this is how my website is organized:

But then on my page demo.htm where I want my tour to appear I include:

Code
    <div class="tour">
    				<embed src="Appart_1/Visite.swf" width="940" height="480" allowFullScreen="true">
    				</embed>
    			</object>
    		</div>

And I have the "loading error". It don't have it, only when I copy all the files from the folder "Appart_1" into the "website" folder, and that I call the tour from there with the include:

Code
    <div class="tour">
    				<embed src="Visite.swf" width="940" height="480" allowFullScreen="true">
    				</embed>
    			</object>
    		</div>

But don't want that, because then with all the files, it gets quickly compfusing. I would like to have one folder per tour with all the files in each of them.
    like a folder "Appart_1", another "Appart_2" , "Appart_3" with all their xml, pictures files...etc... And then I could call them from my demo.htm page.

The same way I call my images for my design, which are in the folder "design"...

It should be possible no? Did I do something wrong?

• So, no one had this problem before?
    What I did to trick it, is that I used KRProtect to generate a single swf file, that I can call from where I want, but for some reason it doesn't include the radar very well, so if someone has a solution for my original problem, that would still be welcome :)

• Why don't you use the javascript code to embed the swf player into the html page? That way, you'll have more control over which xml file to load.
    If my guess is right, the Visite.swf is trying to load the xml file from the website/ folder instead of from website/Appart_1/ folder .

• Hello!
    Because I don't know any javascript... how could I achieve what I want?
    It is exactly what you suppose, because, when I copy all the xml files, and the data folder into the "webstie/" repertoire, it just work fine! So I guess it is the "swf" file which is calling them, and I can't modify this file to tell him to go look into the "website/Appart_1/" folder...

Arg, I don't know what to do...
    Help? :)

• You can use this code

Code
    <div class="tour">
    <embed src="Visite.swf" width="940" height="480" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="xml=Appart_1/visite.xml">
    </embed>
    </object>
    </div>

For javascript, if you have downloaded the examples that come with the player, you can find the javascript code in almost every single html file.

• Hello,

I tried that code, but it's not working... *unsure*
    And for the Javascript, yes I think it might be a great solution, but I don't know js at all, and when I look at the exemple in the package... They're not working correctly.... *huh*

I'm sure I'm not the only one organizing my tour into folders right?
    How do you do?

• Well, it shouldn't be too difficult.
    Upload the swfkrpano.js to your website folder. And add this in a html page demo1.html

This is based on the assumption that demo1.html, swfkrpano.js and Visite.swf are in your website/ folder andthe Visite.xml is in the website/Appart_1/ folder.

• Damn it.... no it's still not working, I have the same error again.. I feel bad for making you trying...
    How do you organize your tour usually? Embedd them in one swf file? organize them into folders and then call them with javascript?
    I feel like I'm missing something...grrr!

• Best thing would be to get hold of someone who is familiar with web development and make him do it for you.
    If not, post a screen shot of current folder structure and also the contents of the html file that you are using.

• Sorry, I was away...
    Here is my structure:

And here is the code of my html page:

Can I ask you how you organize your files? like if you were me, would you keep everything in the "website" folder? then when you have few tours, doesn't it get compfusing??

• Copy the swfkrpano.js that comes with the examples into the website folder and use this code for the demo.htm

• Hello!
    Sorry, I didn't receive the response in my email, that's weird...

I really thank you for trying to help srisa...
    But I did exactly what you said, and I still have that error:
    "loading error (IO ERROR)"

Did it work on your computer? Have you ever been able to open a tour from a different folder?

I wish klaus or someone could come around here.. I'm sure there is a pretty simple answer...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!