• Hi,

I year ago I mentioned about this website I want to put up, we'll here it is. It's mapjack.com inspired as the layout looks similar to their website. So far the only resort with the virtual tour here is Astoria boracay everything else are just facades but we plan on going back there and sell the virtual tour to all the hotels and resorts.

I need your inputs. What do you guys think of the webiste? Does it suck?Is it cool? Would it be useful to people who want to visit the island? Is it compatible with your browser? If not what browser are you using. Does it load fast? My panoramas are 6000 x 3000 and I use multires krpano tool. What size would you guys suggest for a website like this? should i make the panos smaller? so that it would load faster? Please feel free to comment or suggest.

Here's the link
    http://www.boracay360.com/beta

Thanks,
    Milo

• Hi Milo

no luck - here is the whole 'not found'

JL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Found

The requested URL /beta was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.3.3 Server at http://www.boracay360.com Port 80

• Sorry about that. Nobody commented so I put down the temporary beta site and worked on another one.

Try this.
    http://www.boracay360.com/test5/

Still working on better integrating with facebook. Jeffrey Martin of 360cities suggested that I make each panorama load as a different page so that people can bookmark. So right now everytime you switch to a difference panorama the page loads before it didnt and everything was loaded via javascript. What do you guys think? 360emirates.com seems to have done it the latter way where everything is loaded via javascript.

• Milo

I like it! 2 things off the top of my head. I hate the reverse mouse panning. Maybe there should be an option to choose. Also when I select Dining and then choose a restaraunt when the page reloads it jumps backs to Hotels. Is there any way to reload the page keeping our last selection current?

• Dan thanks for looking at it. I'm working on an option to switch between drag and normal mode somebody suggested it too.

good suggestion there is a way to keep the tab.

I got a question for you. When I put up the beta site and asked my friends to look at it. A lot said it didnt work for them mostly IE's though I have tested on 6 7 8 and worked for me, so I guess on some sub versions it wont work. So I was thinking of just creating wordpress site similar to my existing 360philippines.com but apply some concepts from pentimo's 360emirates.com. This wont have a lot of compatibility issues. If you were to choose would you choose a site in the current format (with sliding frames) or a more convenctional wordpress looking site?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!