Canal Park Virtual Tour Version 2

• This is my city demo tour. I have worked enough bugs out to show. Somethings still do not work it was just proof of concept.

EDIT:
    I have reached BETA stages. Click the link below to see the newest version. Still has a lot to left to do. We have 95% of businesses that participate you can walk in and out of almost every building on the ground in the first section. We are just starting to add businesses to the downtown area. The RTM product will be totally redesigned again. We are working on a GEO tagged coordinate system similar to what is done at 360cities. We gave all the businesses the opportunity to provide thier own text in the textfield when visiting thier business. They are starting to trickle in and will be the next thing added once we have enough, Anyways have a look !

http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/duluth2/

Edited 4 times, last by VN2009 (January 11, 2011 at 10:30 PM).

• Hi VN2009,

This is a concentrate of all your expertise about Krpano *thumbsup* ...
    Congratulation for that big enterprise *thumbup* ...
    I like to see people like you ,Tuur or Milo, that after hard work have earned himself a place in this world of panoramic *smile* ...
    I wish you the best...

SAlut.

• vn,
    great effort in putting that all together,....whew

i like the directory also,.... may need that someday

my negs, and please don't take it personal,.....just me
    -too many buttons,..i dont like a whole second row like when you use the weather one, just seems unecessary,....surprise your viewers with the snow plugin during xmas on your homepage,..and with the hearts on valentines day.
    - i hate little planets,..thats just me,... and i had trouble getting out of it
    -too many ads,....the side bar I can live with,..but with the bottom ones your pushing it
    -maybe put those botton ads on a side bar when you go full screen,..or put a single logo(sponsor) ad for each pano
    -fullscreen doesn't give you much with all those ads,....your losing the value and WOW factor of fullscreen
    -I dont think I could get the grid to work
    -maybe add a red "x" plugin on the map when it is open so viewers will be able to close the map easier
    -control button text description needs to be bigger,...

lot of work their,..just be careful not to overwhelm or lose your viewers,.......

how is the viking saga going up there,....I've been a fan since the "hail Mary",.....have been getting a sick to my stomach every year since then,....

rob

• rbackhaus I totally agree with alot of that. this was striclty proof of concept. I would never put all that into the official version that is coming. it is way to much. we jsut wanted a way to show businesses the power of what COULD be done as we try to upsell some ideas. little planets will not make it to the final version. the weather thing was total overkill i just wanted them to see it can be done. the ads are definatly going to stay how many is another question. we already have a half a dozen cleints ready to place them. our idea is that we will sell ads based on the category choosen. if they search for restaraunts them type of ads will display. if someone wants a power ad that stays no matter what is selected that is an opton also.

my biggest accomplishment in that tour was getting it to remember what was selected. when in the aerial view if you choose hotels and lakewalk then select a lakewalk 360 to view when you return to the aerial 360 it remembers what you had open and reopens only those settings. took a handful of IF statements and some creative coding help from Michel.

i appreciate any and all critisicsm. thank you for your opinion.

• He VN

Great stuff..

You also have that goolemaps turning like that.. is that a new feature orso?? and all those custom butttons on it..
    how do? (PM?)

Also like those filters! great!

Cheers

Tuur *thumbsup*

edit: I think its much nicer when you make all text more or less in one style and the titles on top (infostyle) a little smaller as well.. maybe Verdana 14 ?

FATAL xmls/redlobster.xml

• VN,

nice,...much cleaner,.like the filters.nice efforts,..AGAIN.. If I need help I'll' give you a buzz

my 2 cents

I'd use a "red" x, and bigger(x) to close the plugins(filters),..easier for your users to see,...and maybe have them slide left to close and reopen with a tab to slide back open,..users may not find/discover the bottom buttons to reopen what they close up top

I'd force to open full screen initally,..heck your 90% there anyway.

I dont like the green,....sorry,.. a soft gray with some black, i saw something somewhere,...if I find it I'll forward it.

Try to incoporate some kind of social booking mark,..facebook, addthis etc

Start with some filters "ON" so users will see the SOME of the hotspots and hopefully come to understand the filter menu as they will all be newbies

adjust/set your text on hover,.....eg superior water,..the text covers your company icon

upon reopening the controls,..I wouldn't reopen everything,....if they were able to discover that they can close the controls,..they'll figure out the rest of your interface,...esp if you use side tabs for the the filters/map

looking good,..

Rob

• Turr, Rbackhaus Thanks for the tips some of them will definatley help. I used to have the fields slide out using tabs but wanted a more clean look and removed them. Maybe I should add them back. really like the idea of having some filters open already.

yes red lobster was the ONLY business that would not let me photograph it. I also have not done the strip club yet either LOL. it is the oldest strip club in the state. it is so old it was grandfathered in after they banned total nudity in the state all other clubs the women must wear skimpy underwear at least at the Toga it is birthday suites all day long.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!