• Hi Andrei,

I'm a new user of krpano, and I prefer your Camera Controls plugin to the standard controls. It works for me (thanks), but I need a full-screen toggle: I like yours, but I can't work out how to use it.

I've seen the "tween" code but I'm no further forward. Is "fsbutton" another plugin, if so where can I find it?

Thanks for any help,

Brian

• Hi all,
    Disappointed to have no reply about my specific question, but in the meantime I have more or less solved what I was trying to do, albeit without using Andrei's cute "go to full-screen" button in the corner. Here is how I have done it: I hope this is helpful to other beginners struggling with krpano's interface:

I used the defaultskin, but with the controls disabled using

<include url="skin/defaultskin.xml" />

I used the Camera Controls plugin with transparency and a proportional width:

<plugin name="cameracontrols"
    alpha="0.5" onover="tween(alpha,1);" onout="tween(alpha,0.5);"
    url="cameracontrols.swf"
    width="10%" height="prop"
    zoom_refresh_fps="10"
    keep="true"
    align="leftbottom" x="10" y="10"/>
    Using a graphic file as a button, I made a "toggle full screen" button with transparency, in the bottom right corner, this way:

<plugin name="fs"
    url="../images/black_f.png"
    alpha="0.5" onover="tween(alpha,1);" onout="tween(alpha,0.5);"
    x="5" y="5" align="rightbottom"
    onhover="showtext(Full screen on/off)"
    onclick="switch(fullscreen);"/>
    </plugin></include>

This gives me a neat move/zoom control, and a separate full-screen control, both of which are elegant and unobtrusive.

Here's an example:
    http://www.brianwatsonphoto.co.uk/QTVR/pages/redmist.html

Thanks krpano AND Andrei for great products: I'll change all of my QTVRs to be this way.

Regards to all (suggestions for improvements welcome!),

Brian</plugin></plugin></include>

• Got the same errors as other user when trying to open in CS3: Unexpected File Format. Any way to correct this? I am working on a website right now and need to change the look of the buttons.

• I like camera controls (though I also have added a FS toggle switch to the UI and would not mind if it were built into the plugin) but I am having a problem with the zoom slider.

In my panos, when they are fully zoomed out (as far as the user can zoom at least) the zoom slider is still very close to the top. When you zoom in all the way it travels up a tiny amount but it doesn't have far to go. 90% of the range, from the starting point to the bottom, does nothing, and it's far too sensitive to use in the working part of the range. For example see:

http://pic.templetons.com/cgi-bin/imget?…0.jpg&fw=155093

This is also true in flat panos like this one:

http://pic.templetons.com/cgi-bin/imget?…-1.jpg&fw=18042

Even though they start fully zoomed out (see the whole pano at once.)

I have had some where the slider starts a little lower but never does it range from the top to the bottom as I would expect it to. Any thoughts?

• Try adding the fovmax tag into the view tag. It defaults to 179 degrees but if you set it lower, it SHOULD affect the zoom bar.

From the documentation:

fovmax
    maximum of fov, default="179"

BUT maybe it works differently with the way you use it???

Edited once, last by Jarredja (October 13, 2010 at 6:01 AM).

• And I would not want to reduce the fovmax in any event. I want people to zoom out as far as they can (it is a problem for me that they can only zoom out to 179 degrees) but whatever the maximum zoom out is, that is what should put the slider at the bottom, and the max zoom in should put it at the top.

• I am using control in my krpano viewer. It is working fine in browser, but when i browse it in iphone, the cameracontrols is not being shown.
    Is cameracontrols not supported in iphone or there is any other way to implement the cameracontrols in iphone. Please help.
    thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!