why would this break the xml

• when using this very simple plugin code i get an xml parsing error on idevices. tested with safari in ipad mode. i use this as a tracking plugin for various states in the tour. i tried adding a </plugin> to the end and that made no difference.

<plugin name="remember"
    mapopen="0"
    searchopen="0"
    bizopen="0"
    miscopen="0"
    streetopen="0"
    lakewalkopen="0"
    foodopen="0"
    sleepopen="0"
    attopen="0"
    bizopen="0"
    propopen="0"
    factsopen="0"
    photoopen="0"
    />

I can't add a single plugin without getting xml errors for Idevices.

<plugin name="controls"
    zorder="7" visible="true"
    url="plugins/controls2.swf"
    alpha="1" scale="0.35" visible="true" keep="true"
    align="bottomcenter" edge="bottomcenter"
    onhover="" parent="bottombar"
    onclick="" zorder="9"
    x="0" y="8" />

• this one works.

<plugin name="title"
    url="title.png"
    keep="true"
    visible="true" enabled="true" handcursor="true"
    zorder="5"
    alpha="1.00" blendmode="normal"
    smoothing="true"
    align="topcenter" edge="topcenter"
    onclick=""
    onhover=""
    scale="1"
    />

this one doesn't i cant see why.

<plugin name="remember"
    mapopen="0"
    searchopen="0"
    bizopen="0"
    miscopen="0"
    streetopen="0"
    lakewalkopen="0"
    foodopen="0"
    sleepopen="0"
    attopen="0"
    bizopen="0"
    propopen="0"
    factsopen="0"
    photoopen="0"
    />

• this line right here is what breaks it if i remove this it will load.

bizopen="0"

if i change the spelling in anyways or add a character it will load why will it not work ONLY if it is spelt like above? this is really wierd.

EDIT: tried adding <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> tp the xml and it still does not work. i have changed the spelling of that 1 line and that pano now loads but i have to comment out my

<include url="googlemap.xml"/>
    <include url="skin.xml"/>
    <include url="actions.xml"/>

actually googlemaps.xml works but if i try to use skin or actions i get the same errors. this is ridiculously hard to make thing for iphone/ipad if it is this fickel.

Edited once, last by VN2009 (November 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM).

• Hi all,

I am testing also *smile* ... it seems it does not like doubled tags *confused* *wacko*

<plugin name="remember"
    mapopen="0"
    searchopen="0"
    bizopen="0"
    miscopen="0"
    streetopen="0"
    lakewalkopen="0"
    foodopen="0"
    sleepopen="0"
    attopen="0"
    bizopen="0"
    propopen="0"
    factsopen="0"
    photoopen="0"
    />

If you erase one of them, it works...

SAlut..

• i went through all my xmls and remove any doubles. during my troubleshooting i now encountered something else i cannot explain. i have a skin.xml that holds all my plugins. i get an xml parsing error when it is included. so 1 at a time i started moving the plugins to the main panorama.xml until ALL of them were moved. If copy and paste my enitre skin.xml and put it at the bottom of panorama.xml it loads fine. if i cut and paste that back to a fresh clean utf-8 xml and save it as skin.xml and try to include it with tags it errors out. it is the exact same code with exactly the same spacing and formatting.

why idevices so damn picky.

EDIT: after cutting and pasting all plugins to the main xml and having a blank/empty skin.xml with no text on it i still get a parsing error if it is left included !!! even if i create a new xml utf-8 and save it and include it i get parsing errors.

EDIT2: same thing with my actions I have to cut and paste them all the main xml and it loads on idevices. i have to put everything on 1 xml or i get errors. wierd part now is that i still have a googlemaps.xml included and that one parses without error but i cannot add any more includes even blank ones without error.

Edited once, last by VN2009 (November 13, 2010 at 9:04 PM).

• wow that is it. thank you michel. i have never had to have <krpano version="1.0.8"> and </krpano> tags on the included xmls in the past. i might have been able to figure that out but for some reason my googlemaps.xml which was included does not have the krpano tags and it parses without problems.

i was able recreate my skin.xml and actions.xml using the krpano tags and they now parse without error. i just cant figure out why the googlemaps.xml parses without them

so it seems it may be best practice to use krpano version="1.0.8"> and </krpano> on all xml if you want iphone/ipad to work right.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!