• does not seem to be working for me all i see is a black screen. i want to use the vtour droplet to make the tiles and the thumbs i do not want to link to the .html or the .swf that it exports. i have a hotspot that links to the tour.xml file the droplet exports. i leave the tour.js file with the xml in the same directory for iphone use. why am i only seeing a black screen when linking to this xml?

if i change the vtour config file to embedlicenses=false then drop the source images on to it again i get things the way they used to be, however just changing that line i get the same thing, a black screen when clicking on the tour.html file.

embedlicenses=true - http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/test/vto…edYES/tour.html
    embedlicenses=false - http://www.virtualnorthland.com/panos/test/vtour_embedNO/tour.html

only difference between them is that one line of code - embedlicenses=XXXX

i want to link directly to the exported xml file anyone tried this ?

• yes - htmltemplate_js=html/swfkrpano_embedded_krpanojs.js

however is that why i cannot link directly to the exported xml? i want to load tour.xml not the swf or the html. i provided those links to show that something happens when changing that line. why do i only see black when linking to tour.xml from another hotspot ?

• onclick="action(goground,l2,xmls/hotel_comfortsuites/tour.xml,l2)"

<action name="goground">

set(hotspot[nadir].visible,true);
    set(plugin[heli].visible,true);
    tween(plugin[heli].alpha,1,1);
    plugin[map].pantospot(%1);
    loadpano(%2,null,MERGE,BLEND(2));
    plugin[map].activatespot(%3);
    delayedcall(1, hide_hover_image(););

</action>

even if i move the tiles folder, tour.xml and tour.js into the root so they are not in a subfolder they I still see a black screen. I will PM you a link so you can see first hand.

• Hi,

okay, the problem is, when there are other actions after the loadpano() call,
    then the onstart() event of the loaded pano will be skipped and the actions
    after the loadpano call were used instead,

and in the default onstart event of the pano the first scene was loaded,
    you could call the startup action or direct loadscene in this case:

e.g.

or:

best regards,
    Klaus

• ok that got me a little further. something is still not right though. the thumbs build but i still only see black. i have to manually click on a thumb in order to load the scene. the scene should start loading before the thumbs build so it is skipping that part for some reason. i made a new action to test with so no other actions should be preventing anything from happening.

I click this hotspot -

<hotspot name="l6"
    ath="-11.8308" atv=" 32.6559"
    onover="show_hover_image(data:thesuites)"
    onhover="showtext(The Suites Hotel)"
    onout="hide_hover_image()"
    style="lodging"
    onclick="action(test,xmls/hotel_thesuites/tour.xml)"
    devices="all" >
    <point ath="-11.8308" atv=" 32.6559" />
    <point ath=" -6.6913" atv=" 33.3356" />
    <point ath=" -5.3096" atv=" 30.9634" />
    <point ath="-10.2018" atv=" 30.4100" />
    </hotspot>

which invokes this action -

<action name="test">
    loadpano(%2,null,MERGE,BLEND(2));
    </action>

this is the onstart for the tour.xml -

onstart="startup();"

here is the onstart action -

<action name="startup">
    loadscene(scene_lobby, null, MERGE);
    buildthumbs();
    </action>

wierd thing is that if i change onstart="startup(); to onstart="loadscene(scene_lobby, null, MERGE); the thumbs still get built. how is that possible when they are part of the startup action? is there an internal call for an action named 'startup' ??? i dont see how the thumbs can be built with the change noted above.

• ok the problem seems have something to do with trying to load an xml with scenes from one that is not using them at all. my first pano was created using 'make pano normal' droplet and I want to link to a tour created using 'make vtour normal' if i remove the scene tags it works. when they are there i see a black screen.

this one works - lobby.xml onclick="loadpano(xmls/hotel_thesuites/lobby.xml)"

<krpano version="1.0.8">

<preview url="lobby.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image>
    <left url="lobby.tiles/pano_l.jpg" />
    <front url="lobby.tiles/pano_f.jpg" />
    <right url="lobby.tiles/pano_r.jpg" />
    <back url="lobby.tiles/pano_b.jpg" />
    <up url="lobby.tiles/pano_u.jpg" />
    <down url="lobby.tiles/pano_d.jpg" />

</image>

</krpano>

this one does not - lobbys.xml onclick="loadpano(xmls/hotel_thesuites/lobbys.xml)"

<krpano version="1.0.8" onstart="loadscene(scene_lobby);">

<scene name="scene_lobby" title="lobby" onstart="" thumburl="lobby.tiles/thumb.jpg">

<preview url="lobby.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image>
    <left url="lobby.tiles/pano_l.jpg" />
    <front url="lobby.tiles/pano_f.jpg" />
    <right url="lobby.tiles/pano_r.jpg" />
    <back url="lobby.tiles/pano_b.jpg" />
    <up url="lobby.tiles/pano_u.jpg" />
    <down url="lobby.tiles/pano_d.jpg" />
    </image>

</scene>

</krpano>

• Hi VN2009,

okay, the problem is, when there are other actions after the loadpano() call,
    then the onstart() event of the loaded pano will be skipped and the actions
    after the loadpano call were used instead,

But it is not really clear to me for now... It seems like there is a bug with loadpano()... your second example have no actions after the loadpano()....so it should work, but the onstart of the loaded xml seems to not be executed...
    Try this:
    onclick="loadpano(xmls/hotel_thesuites/lobbys.xml); loadscene(scene_lobby);"
    This seems to work...

SAlut.

• found it. it is the BLEND command. when linking from a normal pano with no scenes to a tour with scenes the BLEND breaks things. without it the mini tours load fine.

loadpano(%2,null,MERGE); working
    loadpano(%2,null,MERGE,BLEND(2)); not working

soon as I add blend back all i get is a black screen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!