You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

matrekker

Intermediate

• "matrekker" started this thread

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 10:28am

A mysterious island with strange people living on it...

Hello, it's my first post here, but not my first VR with Krpano.

I think that many of you will be surprised, it has been realised with 20 3D computed generated pictures and I used my favourite soft, Krpano.

Here's the link : http://www.visites-interactives.eu/fr/visite-ile/ile.html

I know it's a bit "heavy" *cry* but...the result is *thumbup* *tongue*

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 12:05pm

hehe, great!

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 1:04pm

Yes, very nice idea.

just remove the annoying loading thing from the interface, it is really distracting to see that spinning in the middle of the window!!

Congratulations...

Carlos Chegado

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 3:52pm

Great intro ! The rest does suffer from loading here too. But I think it is interesting enough that it could pan much slower to appreciate the terrain. *smile*

Sam Rohn

Trainee

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 5:21pm

nice one :)

prob better w/o the loader, as was said -

sam
Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: Location Scout :: New York City :: www.samrohn.com

PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

matrekker

Intermediate

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 10:16am

Hello,

I removed the "annoying thing" in the middle as it is not really useful.

I made several attemps to play with html, placing the mask on the page (playing with div...) and not on the visit itself, but it's too difficult to implement. Then, I made a few drawings of the porthole as the picture is too heavy, but it's far from being satisfactory.

So, I decided to keep the picture as it is, even if it takes "some time" to appear. I noticed that when you the visit a second time, it's much better, the various visual elements are concealed in one's computer and there is no more time difference (decalage dans le temps in french).

Next time, I'll try to choose light elements to gain a better flow...

Many thanks for your replies and comments.

Yes, very nice idea.

just remove the annoying loading thing from the interface, it is really distracting to see that spinning in the middle of the window!!

Congratulations...

Carlos Chegado

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 8:35pm

So, I decided to keep the picture as it is, even if it takes "some time" to appear. I noticed that when you the visit a second time, it's much better, the various visual elements are concealed in one's computer and there is no more time difference (decalage dans le temps in french).
Hi,

there would be a possibility to reduce the time for the loading the mask picture:

use two xml files:

the first xml contains only the big mask picture (with keep="true")
and loads in the "onstart" event with "loadpano(2.xml,null,MERGE);" the
second xml that contains the pano and all other,

that forces the mask picture to be loaded first

best regards,
Klaus

matrekker

Intermediate

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 10:46pm

I'll try tomorrow, it seems to be a good idea. Thank you (Santa)Klaus ;-)

matrekker

Intermediate

Monday, March 9th 2009, 10:15am

Hello Klaus,

Waouu, seems to be allright now, just have a look at my new version (don't be afraid...). Kiss, kiss, kiss.

http://www.visites-interactives.eu/fr/visite-ile/ile.html

*squint*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "matrekker" (Mar 9th 2009, 11:51am)

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, March 9th 2009, 10:48am

Hi,...Klaus and Matrekker

Klaus ? what format and size is this mask picture and why does it works so well??

i had this mask problem as a png that was to heavy... you helped me great on that one together with Graydon... but what is the difference with this?

http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.ph…ad&threadID=324

when i used the png border thing with logo's i had also things like this in my mind...

I don't understand *confused*

this is one big picture and it works fine.. *confused*

thanx

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

matrekker

Intermediate

Monday, March 9th 2009, 11:49am

Hi,...Klaus and Matrekker

Klaus ? what format and size is this mask picture and why does it works so well?? ....Tuur *thumbsup*

Hi Tuur,

My picture is in .png (24) and it's weight : 578 ko (squale non icluded)

Your problem may come from your provider or the fact that you use one .xml instead of several as Klaus said above. I spent 2 whole days *angry* trying this and this and it worked at *thumbsup* last...

Or may be, it's because I'm a girl (read your comments in the bar) *g* *g* *g*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "matrekker" (Mar 9th 2009, 12:04pm)

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, March 9th 2009, 2:35pm

*thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Thanx matrekker,
gonna check that out later this week, with the two xml's...

---
first i gonna finish stitching my wintersport *thumbup* (close to you: 'les Menuires')
Maybe nice to do the whole 'trois valees pano tour together?
must be a great job and $$..

But first a Vin chaud in the KRPano bar *g*
---

Klaus! Do you have any comment on this?

Thanx

Tuur

*thumbsup*

Graydon

Professional

Monday, March 9th 2009, 5:19pm

That's an interesting idea.

I also like the seagull hotspot on the pano on your home page (or one of the home pages)... the use of scaling with that object helps it appear very natural.

On the sample here... I think it would be interesting to see some performance numbers comparing the frame per sec (fps) with and without the portal mask / image. similar to this... http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.ph…t=mask#post1433

The only comment I could add now is about when you select fullscreen. Because the mask is set to 100% x 100%... it distorts into an oval when at fullscreen. You could disable fullscreen... or split the mask into different pieces... with the portal image always at center and square shaped... and try to cover up the other areas with something that can stretch to fill the voids.

Graydon

matrekker

Intermediate

Monday, March 9th 2009, 9:31pm

...The only comment I could add now is about when you select fullscreen. Because the mask is set to 100% x 100%... it distorts into an oval when at fullscreen. You could disable fullscreen... or split the mask into different pieces... with the portal image always at center and square shaped... and try to cover up the other areas with something that can stretch to fill the voids.

Graydon

I disabled the fullscreen in this case, but I think I will disable this function for our coming panos as it may cause some trouble if the screens are too large or too high. Thank you for your comment.

"Ma" *smile*

Graydon

Professional

Monday, March 9th 2009, 10:20pm

When you disable the fullscreen it's good to remove the fullscreen option from the context menu (right click)...

http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#contextmenu

When you do that... you also may give consideration to the as shown size... and give consideration to the "chrome" that all viewers have on their browser.

You've setup for the swf at 1024x768... but that doesn't take into the edges of the browser as well as any toolbars that people typically have. The result, at least on my computer is something like the attached image...

When you say it may cause some trouble on upcoming work... what type of trouble?

Graydon

matrekker

Intermediate

Tuesday, March 10th 2009, 4:00pm

When you disable the fullscreen it's good to remove the fullscreen option from the context menu (right click)...

http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#contextmenu

When you do that... you also may give consideration to the as shown size... and give consideration to the "chrome" that all viewers have on their browser.

You've setup for the swf at 1024x768... but that doesn't take into the edges of the browser as well as any toolbars that people typically have. The result, at least on my computer is something like the attached image...
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=40

When you say it may cause some trouble on upcoming work... what type of trouble?

Graydon
Relevant remarks... As for disabling totally the fulscreen, it's ok (done). As regards the size of the mask, I knew it before you wrote it. I had two choices : either make a small visit (but it would have been too small), either choose this size of mask, knowing that it could not suit all the sizes of computers. Well, the choice in this case was rather *wacko*

Tuesday, March 10th 2009, 9:31pm

Hi,

this would be a possibility to let the mask always look
the same for (nearly) all computer/screensizes:

e.g. when the maskimage was 1024x768 - just add a black border
to left and right - e.g. 400px = 1824x768 (1824 = 400+1024+400)

and then scale the mask to 100% height and set the width to "prop":

Source code

<plugin name="mask" url="mask.png" enabled="false"
        align="center" height="100%" width="prop"
        />

Tuur

Sage

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 2:35am

Hi Klaus,
Remember my mask problem ? you had this nice solution but this is totaly what i did mean... or is it to heavy then.. about rendering the transparent.. *confused* *confused*
can you have a look to my question in nr. 10 in this thread ??

i don't understand...

Thanx

Tuur *thumbsup*

matrekker

Intermediate

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 9:27pm

Hi everybody,

I don't think I'll go further with this VR, another one is being prepared for soon (quite different).

Look at this one which was made just before the pano of this thread :

http://www.visites-interactives.eu/fr/vi…ysterieuse.html

Graydon

Professional

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 10:00pm

Very nice. I wish I could zoom out some more to get that little planet look that you initiate the tour with.
*thumbup*