New mookrpano.js (krpano + mootools)

• Hi pals.

Ok, the rewrite of the basic classes to make them work on APPLE mobile devices as well on Desktop computer is done!

The classes are:

• Pano
    • Polygon
    • Hotspot
    • PolygonalHotspot [this only supported when Flash is present, on mobiles it won't display]

hey, you were fast!?

Well, yes...since I saw many persons getting interested and sending me messages, then this has to be good right?, then let's do it (I thought).

I can take it a little bit more calm from now, I hope.

Examples!? you say...

Yeah yeah, they will come, just be patient.

At the end you will need some programming skills or at least, get a friend who has...they won't be hard to use but still, the point of having a javascript library is that it will let you make use of other web applications to talk with krpano and make really good new applications...and hell yeah, I think you will need your brain working on that.

Some things won't need too much programming skills, like...let's say you have always wanted that when a plugin or hotspot being clicked, open a lightbox in your web page or...I don't know (give me ideas) hmmm, having an accordion with images and by clicking those images change the scene of the pano. Well, it will be easy now to connect krpano with the web page actions, events and else, where it is embeded.

Again, thanks a lot to:

• Klauss for answering my Krpano+Javascript questions.
    • Michael (Wowenkho) (MooTools forums administrator) for answering my MooTools+Javascript questions.
    • Robert (username: rbudnikas) for asking MooKrpano to work with APPLE mobile devices as well as for desktop.
    • those who have answered this thread.
    • and all my familiars, friends and my girl, because in some way they have helped.
    • those who have read this thread.

I will be posting the files as how they are until this moment, but without documentation or examples, so, only if you are curious or you understand javascript, go ahead and download them. If not, please be patient.

MooTools forums thread link: http://www.mooforum.net/script-showcas…-10.html#p14483

Enjoy it *smile*

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• Hi pals.

I'm almost finishing adding the sound interface plugin as a class too. With some custom functions to easy manipulate playing/pausing/stopping/tweening sounds in the pano.

By the way, it has been nice to meet some of you by chatting.

Thanks for the messages too.

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• Hi pals.

Sound is done.

Now working on Video. By the way, krpano video plugin is capable of being used as a hotspot as well as a plugin, to make things clean I've decided to make these two different classes, a VideoHotspot class and a VideoPlugin class. Hopefully this might be the best solution.

About videos...haven't u wanted to display youtube videos any time? just by curiosity.

Merry christmass.

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• Hi pals.

Merry Christmass to everyone *smile*

Thanks to Klauss by answering me questions I do to him, the video classes are working now, I had to go for some workarounds because there are odd behaviors with some properties and functions when called from javascript.

The loop property was being setted as true no matter what, after setting the videourl; the solution, after finding that THAT was the problem was just making sure of the order by setting loop only after setting videourl property.

The pause function wasn't working at all, the trick to solve it was cheating by redefining the pause function to something like this:
    pause: function() {
    if(!this.getPaused()) // if 'ispaused' property is false, so the video isn't paused
    {
    this.togglepause(); // then togglepause so pause the video, since togglepause works without any odd behavior.
    }
    }

and the pausedonstart property wasn't pausing the video on start neither, it was solved through the isloaded event like this:
    onLoaded: function() { // when the video is loaded
    if(this.options.pausedonstart) // if the 'pausedonstart' property is true
    {
    this.pause(); // then pause the video (remember that pause function was cheated too to make it work)
    }
    this.fireEvent('onLoaded'); // Call whichever function was defined to be call when onLoaded even happens
    }

so Video is working now! *wink*

Best regards and merry christmass,
    Ciul.

• Hi krpano pals.

Ok, Textfield classes added, tested and working *g*

It has being a good advance for only one day, video classes and textfield classes *thumbsup*

Now there is a TextfieldHotspot class and a TextfieldPlugin class.

By the name you can figure out their differences.
    Also added them some fancy functions, getters and setters,

by example:

hideBackground() will hide the background by setting the 'background' property to false
    and showBackground will show the background by setting the 'background' property to true,
    and there is toggleBackground() which I think you know what it will do.

and some few more...

if you have fancy actions you have made, please write them here or send me a Private Message, so I could write add them to the classes as javascript functions.

Merry XMASS *squint*

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• Hi pals.

Now that I finally added the Textfield classes, I could do some fancy stuff with MooKrpano.

Wanted to see Twitter inside a Pano? Watch the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZfPZjCEyEY

I didn't set any css, that's why it looks messy. With a few css lines it might look pretty *thumbsup*

The software I used to record my screen make it looks slow but don't pay attention to that, it runs smoothly in true.

Hope you like it *g*

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• Hi pals.

And I continue playing with my scripts.

This time I bring you this:

A YouTube video inside a pano as a hotspot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoMe6_mIwic

Note: The video displayed is the last one, showing tweets inside a pano.
    It seems slow due to the software used to record the screen consumes too many resources and that I am on a notebook with a small ram memory.
    In true it runs normally.
    U like it?

And I could keep going putting any other html stuff inside a pano *g* just for fun.

But being serious, it opens endless posibilities.

Best regards,
    Ciul.

Edited once, last by ciul (December 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM).

• Hi pals.

Sorry for being late, but as you could understand I have other works to finish firsh, while this is more like one of my personal projects I have.

The XML parser is finally done, now comes a next step which is, now that I get a javascript Object from a XML file, it will be easier to make things (function calls, make instances, and other javascript stuff) in javascript due to XML nodes and their properties.

So, we are getting closer *thumbup*

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• Your project for adding more powerful interface library to krpano looks quite promising.
    I'm sure there will be need for it, keep working on it. :)

Also, when you have refactored it enough, please put the source back to GitHub so
    one could help you little bit with it. I'm not that good with JavaScript but
    might be able to help in some way.

If you need some tips regarding use of GitHub, just ask.
    Have been using service for year already so I know few things already.

• autiomaa
    Thanks *smile*
    Lately I'm playing with CodeIgniter framework and with FaceBook API. Don't want to promise it already but you may expect some Facebook plugin/stuff, maybe not, I will try it.

bulp
    Sorry, don't have paypal...yet, but will.

Klaus
    Thanks for your time to answer my questions as fast as possible.

@all
    Many persons have written to my email, thanks for the messages to most of them (a few ones being kinda rude, don't know why since I cannot harm anyone with codes, can I?). Some others wanting to buy them (sorry they're not ready yet to be used from XML). And some others wanting to buy them even with rights so I could not sell them or share them (that's something I don't wish to happen at least that I am starving *tongue* ).

Reading at forum, I also noticed some pals wishing a webcamera plugin/hotspot, I will work on that too, it is possible with HTML5 features (sorry for old browsers users). It could get more interesting even on mobile devices since some of next versions of those will bring two cameras. Let's see how all this evolve.

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• And some others wanting to buy them even with rights so I could not sell them or share them (that's something I don't wish to happen at least that I am starving

that doesnt surprise me. even though not alot of people have commented in your thread i think we all can see how truely powerful krpano can become with the interface you are creating. i truly hope you will not sell your rights so someone who is going to horde them and not let the rest of us share in what you have done. i for one will pay an approriate price if/when you have a solid stable product. keep up the good work Ciul!

• He Ciul,

i think everybody is really curious.
    Do you have a target date or so?
    Can't wait to go, or test nice new features.. especially that streaming video as hotspot etc etc
    ( i had it as an plugin from utube but when you remove plugin the sound keeps going...)
    Make sure that doesn't happen when you don't stop the video but remove the hotspot.. (?)

please don't sell, we'll keep you alive *thumbsup*

Cheers

ps if you need a, semi dummy, beta tester?

• please don't sell, we'll keep you alive *thumbsup*

Cheers

hahahahahahahahahahahaha you have made me laugh so much, very funny post.

Sorry, no lunching date. I don't work on those scripts everyday, again, by now is a personal project not my main job but please be patient.
    Once I go back from a trip, I will be on my own machine again, where I work more comfortable (so faster), I have a borrowed computer, and well, it is never the same.

Give time to time.

Many persons have gave me council that it would be better not to sell rights, there are 2209 krpano users on forums so it is a promising market. Also, by selling rights it won't help many persons, just a few, that's not good neither. And also, people would know what I am capable to.

So three points in favor of not selling rights, but sell them as user plugins or even as a package of plugins throug a subscription or anything.

Again, very funny: we'll keep you alive *thumbsup* hahahahaha

Again, thanks to all your emails about this topic.

Best regards,
    Ciul

• He Ciul,

[...]

Hey Tuur.

Actually having a krpano user to ask what and how would you need these plugins to be used from XML would be great, please write me a private message. Remember, you will be representing krpano users, so u must think as general people needings.

Regards,
    Ciul

• Hi guys.

I've released MooKrpano, and thanks to daKmoR (Thomas Allmer) SubObjectMapping Class this time it is smaller than first.

Seek for it at
    Github: https://github.com/Ciul/MooKrpano/tree/master/Source
    MooTools Forge: http://mootools.net/forge/p/mookrpano

It requires MooTools and Krpano knowledge.

Note: Donations are welcome, by donating you give support and continuity to development of this and other Open Source efforts (read Dynamic is Future at Readme.md file )

Best regads,
    Ciul

• Hi guys.

As some of you has noted, I released MooKrpano as Open Source code so anyone can enjoy it. http://www.github.com/ciul/mookrpano

I've just updated this repository with a new Class: VirtualHotspot

A virtual hotspot is a HTML element overlayed on the Krpano HTML element, which uses onViewChange Krpano event to update it's screen position depeding the ath and atv options you assing to it.

So you can not only display Youtube Videos but any other HTML content you wish as if it was a Krpano Hotspot.

Best regards,
    Ciul

• Examples at:

http://luiscarlosjayk.com/tours/mookrpano/examples/

Example3 is a Virtual Hotspot:

A Virtual Hotspot is a fake hotspot, in truth is a html element behaving as a Krpano hotspot, the good is that it allows you to insert any html code you wish. The bad thing is that you have to remove it by yourself if change of scene because it isn't part of krpano, but it can be achieved with some code.

Regards,
    Ciul

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!