Google map source Compiling Under Mac OSX 10.6.5

• Hello,

I just want to share some useful info i founded out to correctly compiling a custom google map under OS.X

-First : Buy the google map source code (Klaus will be happy, you'll be happy too) *wink*

i'm working on Mac OS.X 10.6.5,
    So i'm using this method :
    http://southdesign.de/actionscript-3…ux-and-windows/

here the steps i've made :

-i've donwloaded Flex SDK (for some reasons SDK 4 won't compil at all, but sdk 3.5 works fine)
    -then i copied the folder flex_sdk35/ on my desktop
    -inside the folder flex_sdk35/ i copied all google map sources code AND files included in package
    -but i copied map_1_18.swc file in subfolder : flex_sdk35/frameworks/libs/

-i got a txt file "ascompiler" with this code : (use an text editor)

-Then i open the Terminal,
    type in

Code
    cd /Users/myname/Desktop/flex_sdk35/

(so we are now in correct folder...
    then i type :

Code
    ./ascompiler googlemaps.as

and compiling process in the Terminal, the final file "googlemap.swf" output in few secondes

-to have custom map marker images, just replace default .png files, and compil again...
    -to have more cutomisations : edit the googlemaps.as file with a txt editor...
    and check useful info here :
    http://code.google.com/intl/fr-FR/api…lash/intro.html

Hope that may help *smile*

Davx

Hey Klaus, btw : the source is only version 10.8.11 (no update ?)

• i think you will soon find that unless you know alot of AS3 adding new icons to the map is not that easy. Changing the ones that are there are no problem adding new ones and making them usable is not a walk in the park. In fact I may have to pay someone to modify the source code to add new images or I may buy modified source code from another forum member.

• i got no problem modifying AS3 Source code,
    i changed map markers, added window navigator (overviewmapcontrol), scale (ScaleCotrol), and so on to fit my needs...

may be i can build custom map for you ?
    i don't know what kind of images you're talking about (apart the 2 "i" icons green and blue for markers ) *confused*

drop me a PM.

Davx

• Code
    I try without success, I get this error

Source code
    -bash: ./ascompiler: Permission denied

Check out file and folders permissions, after that, i don't really know *confused*
    i never ever get this error...
    somebody else may know..

See you

Davx *wink*

• Hi there.

It is kinda apart from krpano googlemaps plugin but at MooTools forums you may find a script I did for an easy to use javascript library for googlemaps with MooTools.

And along with my other library, MooKrpano, you will be able to has the best from both worlds.

See a simple example of both codes working togethere at:

http://www.paraisoartesano.com/virtualview

Note: Old IE versions won't display it well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!