Sound unsupported on HTML5?

• This is weird.

I tried everything to get the button back on Android.
    Even used just devices="android" on them but no luck.

At last I removed the global soundinterface code and voila. Its back
    Something is very wrong here. I have updated the soundinterface to the latest and everything works perfect on all other platforms.

This is even more weird than the fact that the soundinterface suddenly gives error messages on completely unrelated things like the view.mfov
    How can these codes just block for loading a png. I would not been surprised if the function had not work but this does not make any sense to me.

Hans

At last got it working. I added keep"true" on the first set in scene1 and now they work in all 3.
    This is weird. Why should Android use a code here that is not really necessary.

There are also other problems with Android and how to deal with it.
    I want the popup thumbnails on mobiles and the fixed on others.
    But using devices="mobile" for both iPhone and Android does not work.
    I have to use a special one for android like this
    if(isphone, buildthumbs() );
    if(isandorid, buildthumbs() );

However this will also build them on android tablets I assume.
    We do not have a different code for that as with phone and ipad.

Hans

• Hi,

At last got it working. I added keep"true" on the first set in scene1 and now they work in all 3.
    This is weird. Why should Android use a code here that is not really necessary.

keep="true" just means that that element will be kept when a other pano or scene will be loaded,
    do you can dynamically add or remove elements and take them also to other panos/scenes,

but there is should be no special Android behavior, do you have an example which works different on Android but correct on Desktop or iPhone?

However this will also build them on android tablets I assume.
    We do not have a different code for that as with phone and ipad.

right, currently "isandroid" covers all Android devices, phones and tablets,
    there is no 'real' way to decide if it's a mobile or tablet on Android, maybe the resolution could be used for that, but when the viewer would be embedded in a small window on the page, then this detection wouldn't work right...

maybe a code like this could be used:

Code
    if(isandorid, 
      if(stagewidth GT stageheight, copy(maxdim,stagewidth), copy(maxdim,stageheight));
      if(maxdim LT 900, 
        ... do android mobile stuff here ...
        ... do android tablet stuff here ...
      )
    );

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi. Updated all the .js scripts and built the tour but now I have a problem...sounds don't work (at least on Safari after setting User agent as iPad)

Here's some info:

this is the stuff in the tour.xml

<plugin name="soundinterface"
    url="plugins/soundinterface.swf"
    alturl="plugins/soundinterface.js"
    keep="true"
    onloaded="playsound(crowd,sounds/crowd.mp3,0);"
    />

and here's what the tour says in browser after clicking 'O'

INFO: krpano JS 1.0.8.14 prerelease (build 2010-12-08)
    INFO: Desktop/Win32 - iOS:4.1 Safari:4.0.5
    INFO: registered to: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    WARNING: soundinterface - HTML5 audio is not supported by this browser!

whyyy???? of course the sounds work fine in flash but not in HTML5...why?

• Hi,

I read this thread and thought i understood the way to get sound on iPhone, but it's not working for me.
    First i use an iPod, is that ok to test it ?
    I've updated all my .js and .swf. Rebuilded my panos with those ones in the same folder as my droplets. Uploaded on my server with the soundinterface.js, and nothing.
    It works perfectly via my PC!
    My code :

Code
    <plugin name="soundinterface" 
    			url="plugins/soundinterface.swf" 
    			rootpath="" 
    			volume="0.7" 
    			keep="true" 
    			onloaded=""
    			alturl="soundinterface.js"
    			 />

<events onxmlcomplete="wait(2); playsound(chapelle,%SWFPATH%/music/chapelle.mp3,1); moveto(0.58,-6.52,smooth(100,50,10));"/>

Any suggestion ?
    Thanks. *smile*
    Steph

Steph

Edited once, last by esys (April 12, 2011 at 5:48 PM).

• Hi Klaus,

You wrote that only one sound could run on iPhone. Does that mean one at a time or we can play one, then another ? (i can't test it immediatly, cause i've got an iPod and sound doesn't work with it!).

My problem is i've got a kind of bug with my "flyin" hotspot (only on my iPod). When i write a sound call in the events or in the onloaded variable of the soundinterface plugin, the hotspot doesn't work.! It's a nonsense. Why a call could affect an action totally different ? Have you already seen this ?

Is there a limit number of actions you can write to the events. It looks like after 4 written, the others are not interpreted by the browser!

Thanks.
    Steph

Steph

Edited once, last by esys (April 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM).

• Here the code (it works great via my PC) :

Even if i write the play() call to the onloaded variable of the soundinterface, it doesn't work on my PC (don't know on iPhone) and it interfers with the hotspot (doesn't work on iPod but does ovia my PC?!). I clear this play() call, it works !

Here the link (could be tested both with PC and iPhone):
    http://www.humanfoto.fr/Assomption/eglise.html

Thanks.
    Steph

• Hi,

about sound on iPhone/iPad - there a sound can't start automatically without any user interaction (e.g. a touch on the screen),
    therefore when there is a playsound() (e.g. in the onxmlcomplete event) - then krpano queues this call and waits until there is a touch and then it starts playing the sound,

and yes, only one sound can be played at once, when there is the next playsound call (also when it has an other id/name), the first one will be stopped,

this are basic system limitations on the iPhone/iPad,

best regards,
    Klaus

• It is all very simple. First sound is triggered by the large start splash which opens the tour in fullscreen. There is an onstart play sound command on each of the other scenes which starts when you open them with the thumbnail click.

Here is another one.
    http://www.360-foto.dk/stjakobs/

In this one the sound does not start until you click the help popup away after the initial movement.
    The other 2 panoramas also has the onstart play sound command.

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (May 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM).

• This is driving me crazy *cursing* Cannot get soundinterface working when called from an HTML file. It works perfectly well locally from an HTML file, just not online. Have tried everything, reordering my file directory, different JS compositions, different XML etc.

I've checked that the correct plugins and JS files (INFO: krpano 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-05-20)) were downloaded and put into Panotools. Have also checked all paths etc. I'm still a bit unsure how JS works, I just let the droplets do the work and place it in the same folder as the .swf

In the JS file itself, it says krpano 1.0.8.12 (build 2010-11-24) at the top. There is however a section at the bottom which says /* krpanoJS 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-05-20) */ I presume this is how it should look(?)

Here is the troublesome pano: http://www.raptorvisionmedia.com/data/slideshow…_high_west.html

Here is the relevant code:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place!

Malcolm

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!