Android support for multiresolution

• In the documentation Klaus says:
    Large single images will slow down the rendering, to avoid this the smaller <mobile> or <tablet> images will be used when available.

Well I just got an Desire z and have tested my panoramas at panoramas.dk

It turns out that it works very good with large multiresolution panoramas.
    All 3 KRPano multi resolution panorama I have for example the current Carl Bloch and my Royal Birthday pano works perfect.

The FPP panoramas with just 1 cube face fails to load at around 2000x2000.

So if we use multiresolution + tablets-mobile how do we ad a device parameter in the image tag for android?
    LIke this?
    <image type="CUBE" devices="desktop I android" multires="true" tilesize="866" progressive="false">

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (December 7, 2010 at 2:53 AM).

• Please Klaus I need to know this?

I just added a panorama at panoramas.dk with multisupport 2 levels + tabletand mobile and I can see that like others I tested it fails to use the multiresolution tiles on android but instead loads the tablet.

Hans

• Hi,

yes, when there is <mobile> or <tablet> image entry in the xml, this will be taken on Android by default,

one possibility to let Android still use the multires-images would be to remove the <mobile> and <tablet>
    tags completely, but then there should be multires levels that have roughly the same size as the mobile
    or tablet images for the iPhone and iPad:

when there are no <mobile> and <tablet> entries but <level> entries the krpanoJS viewer will try to
    load the biggest level which is still below or equal 1100px (iPhone4,iPad) or 512px (iPhone3),

so by eventually adding one or two smaller levels you can support multires on Android and have
    still images for the iPhone and iPad,

an other solution would be to use separate xml files or separate scenes which will be loaded
    dynamically either via javascript or via krpano xml action,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!