Madrid panorama. The largest photographies in Madrid.

• Hi everyone. I introduce myself, I am frontend developer at http://www.lainformacion.com and I would like to show the work we have done in recent months. There are 6 panoramics from 3 diferents places of Madrid. By day, by night, with places de interest with information... I hope you like it.

http://especiales.lainformacion.com/panoramicas/madrid/?english

And now, one cuestion. Is it difficult to develop a plugin for krpano? I'm interested in capturing the image that is shared on facebook. I´m thinking of two options, with the coordinates and a lot of math to get the image that contains or maybe the easy option, make a plugin with AS3.

If you have any questions or advice about the panoramics I will be happy to hear them.
    Thanks to all.

• Very nice presentation and programming. I love the graphics that you used to skin the panorama. I miss Madrid and Spain. Hopefully I will have time to visit after the IVRPA conference near Lisbon in June.

The horizon does not seem that bad to me and there are things called "Colinas" that can make the horizon not be level ;) You can straighten things in Ptgui by clicking and pulling up and down in the editor in Ptgui. You can also create vertical or horizontal control points in the control point tab. At different locations through the panorama choose the same image twice. Change the control point type to vertical or horizontal. Then find a nice vertical line such as the side of a building. Click at a point on the line in the left hand tab. Then click on the line in the right hand tab. Then choose another image in the panorama that has a good vertical line. Then repeat this across the panorama. Then optimize and take a deep breath of relief as you see the better result. If you made it worse, then just click on the left arrow to undo the change. Click it a second time to remove one of the vertical control points that you added.

For the night panorama you might use 2900 kelvin as a good compromise between tungsten and around 2160 kelvin for low pressure sodium. If you go lower things will seem too blue and muddy. If you increase the kelvin too much it will become more orange. Then slightly decrease the exposure or bring up the blacks to remove some of the haze. If the street lights are flaring too much you can also open up your diaphragm slightly especially if you do not need the depth of field or need a faster exposure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!