Limit viewing angle in a spherical panorama

• Hi guys,

today I was looking for something I thought was very basic and simple, but that I had never used before.
    Unforttunately and to my surprise it turned out that there is no such parameter and I can't find the way to do it, even when searching the documentation an forum. Proabably I am searching for the wrong term. Maybe you can make a suggestion.

I have made a spherical panorama from a restaurant with a small - umm - 'unattractive' part in it.
    I would like to exclude this from being visible in the panorama by simply limiting the 360 degrees of possible horizontal viewing angle to say 270 degrees.
    It seems easy to determine the left and right limits by using two "hlookat" values, but how has this to be integrated into the code?

Thanks a lot
    Jürgen

• hlookatmin and max are what you are after.

<view hlookat ="0"
    vlookat ="0"
    fovtype ="MFOV"
    camroll ="0.000000"
    fov ="130"
    fovmin ="30.000000"
    fovmax ="130.000000"
    maxpixelzoom ="NaN"
    limitfov ="false"
    fisheye ="0.00"
    fisheyefovlink="0.00"
    stereographic ="false"
    architectural ="0.0"
    architecturalonlymiddle="false"
    limitview ="auto"
    hlookatmin ="NaN"
    hlookatmax ="NaN"
    vlookatmin ="NaN"
    vlookatmax ="NaN"
    />

• fovmin and fovmax are the zoom factors along with maxpixelzoom which can override fov settngs.

hlookatmin and max are for sure what limits horizontal movement.

from the documentation

hlookatmax view.hlookatmax Number

The maximum horizontal looking position in spherical coordinates (-180 .. +180).

(When hlookatmax-hlookatmin=360 then no limiting will be done)

attribute name full variable name type default value

vlookatmin view.vlookatmin Number

The minimum vertical looking position in spherical coordinates (-90 .. +90).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!