Progressive loading false does not work.

• I believed that using progessive loading false and auto would mean that you should only load the cubeface used for you initial view.
    But this seems not to work this way. It only works as you proceed with panning.

For the first view I load 3 levels even if only level 3 is used. That means I have to download from 1.5-2 mb unused tiles.
    In reality I could make the full pano with just 2 mb download for the full panorama with a size at 2048x2048 and no mutiresolution.

Hans

• i know what you are talking about but i dont think that is quite the way it works. it might be nice for that to be an option though. how many levels to preload. even preloading jsut the second level would save alot of bandwidth and save the 3rd for only if they zoom that far. zooming to the second level it would be nice to be cached. somethind does happen though when you change the setting. when it is false it loads alot faster for slower bandwidth people and mobile devices. i bandwidth throttled my home router to 1.5mb and tested one of my large tours that needs to be optimized and using it false on slower internet was alot better. here is what the documentation says and i guess if you read it niether say that it stops loading unused tiles. it is just wether or not it loads all 3 layers for the current FOV or loads tiles based on levels. i think having an option like what you are thinking would be great.

"Enables or disables progressive multi-resolution loading.

Progressive loading means that the multi-resolution pano will be loaded step by step from low to high resolution. Only the tiles in the current viewing range will be loaded from level level.

When disabled, then the tiles for current resolution will be loaded at first, and then when the loading of all current visible tiles was done, it will start preloading the lower resolutions of the current view."

• I asked Klaus long ago about this and he claimed that it was possible.
    The reason was the extreme download you have at 360-cities.
    Sometimes I need to download 20 mb for seeing a simple pano which I use max 3 mb at panoramas.dk.

He claimed that there was a setting to use for loading only the used cubeface but maybe he did not understand me.

Hans

• Hi,

note - due the default <level> download/decode setting small levels will be always downloaded completely,
    see here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.level.download

this was done to have a basic/low res pano as 'background' when panning/zooming quickly through a multires pano,

to avoid that add - download="view" - to all <level> tags in the xml,
    or to set that automatically change in the .config files these settings to view:

Code
    leveldownload=auto
    leveldecode=auto

additionally you can disable multires loading and lock a certain level dynamically by the lockmultireslevel variable,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!