• Hello

I am using KRpano to use a quicktime movie as the media source - will the guest viewing the panorama need quicktime to view ? I hope not.

<!-- PANO -->
    <image type="QTVR">
    <qtvr url="../media/backyard.mov" setview="true" />
    </image>

I have about 1800 of these movies I would like to transfer over using the KRpano player - Is there anything else I should be adding or aware of before starting this project?

Thanks!!!

*smile*

All Else Passes, Art Alone Endures.

• Will there be any differences in performace/quality - if i am using the Quicktime movie as the media source compared to using jpeg eq as the source?

All Else Passes, Art Alone Endures.

• Hi,

will the guest viewing the panorama need quicktime to view ?

no, krpano will load and parse the qtvr file completely by itself,

Is there anything else I should be adding or aware of before starting this project?

krpano supports only cubical qtvr panos and the cubefaces must jpeg coded,
    cylindrical qtvr files or compressions different to jpeg are not supported,

and the krpanoJS viewer for the iPhone/iPad doesn't support qtvr files at all
    (because there is no efficient way for loading and parsing the qtvr file),

Will there be any differences in performace/quality - if i am using the Quicktime movie as the media source compared to using jpeg eq as the source?

technically a qtvr is just a file with several jpeg images embedded,
    that means from rendering performance/quality side there will be no difference,
    but from loading performance perspective it can be a bit slower then loading 6 separate files,
    6 separate files can be loaded parallel which will speed up the loading a bit,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!