Compress xml files.

• I have many xml files in my virtual tour. All these files are too large (2-3Mb). When the tour is loaded, the first thing loaded all the xml files. This is a very long time, I would like to expedite this process compressing files, such as encryption or any other way. Is it possible now or in the future?

• i do not know this for sure it is just a thought. if you used krprotect and included the xml files into the swf would they be compressed in that fashion? This is something I am going to have to figure out soon also. My xmls in my city tour are getting huge.

• i do not know this for sure it is just a thought. if you used krprotect and included the xml files into the swf would they be compressed in that fashion? This is something I am going to have to figure out soon also. My xmls in my city tour are getting huge.

Unfortunately this is not so. If you used krprotect and included the xml files into the swf, then the resulting swf file weighs 110Kb plus the weight of all the xml files.

• When the tour is loaded, the first thing loaded all the xml files.

I don't understand why all of your xml files would load at once. Shouldn't each load only when called??? Are you relisting plugins (ones that should appear in every pano) in every single xml file? I typically only load plugins in the first file and use keep true to carry them through all of the panoramas. This usually results in just basic image data and that pano specific settings, hotspots, plugins in the rest of the xml files.

Maybe my thinking is wrong????

Jarred

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (30. Dezember 2010 um 06:23)

• i do the same thing. plugin 1 time using keep="true" I also put any text data, hotspots or plugins that are particular to a single node on its own xml. that way that data is not loaded at all unless that node is visited. I would not use the krpano scene method while making huge tours. putting all the into a single xml could pose issues.

• I don't understand why all of your xml files would load at once. Shouldn't each load only when called???

Not all of my xml files loading at once. I'm load xml file with my scenes, data file with some text for textfield, file with actions, styles, language suport for tour and etc. I'm use include for load xml:

Code
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/contextmenu.xml"/>
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/cursors.xml"/>
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/settings.xml"/>
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/styles.xml"/>
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/actions.xml"/>
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/data.xml"/>
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/object.xml"/> 
    <include url="%CURRENTXML%/xml/img.xml"/>

XML file with hotspots for each pano load when load scene with this pano.

• Hi,

currently there is no support for compressing external files,
    but you can try to build a swf file with the xml files embedded (with the kprotect tool),
    a swf file itself is always compressed so the xml files should be also smaller when embedded,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!