Display a web site inside a pano [e.g. google.com]

• Hi,
    congratulations for your great job, are the "objects" (html window, videos, twits, etc), vieweble as distorted hotspot as well?
    regards

Thanks nipaph00 *g*

Well, not right now, it could be said these to be in a beta version *wink*

According to what "rbudnikas" told me, most of kprano users are not programmers, and this require javascrit knowledge, even more, it requires MooTools javascript framework knowledge.

That's why I'm working on adding a XML parser, so you could write simple lines in your xml files, in a similar way to other Krpano plugins or hotspots and my script will do the job for you.

But those features you are asking could be added in future.

Best regards,
    Ciul.

Edited once, last by ciul (December 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM).

• do you need to put your flash in wmode transparent/opaque for this? or can it stay on window? wmode transparent has big negative performance issues. Your fps drops in half easily. I can't imagine it not being a separate layer above flash. Because kprano is flash, everything loaded in krpano is thus limited by the possibilities flash has, like HTML. Flash only supports a few tags. So It's either a layer above krpano, or its javascript version of krpano (and thus limited to certain browsers)

Is it restricted to an iframe or is it posible to load your own content in it?

Currently Im busy with the SEO aspect of krpano. And since google is a pain concerning flash content, im masking content in html to be loaded in krpano. So this would come in handy provided it's in flash without the wmode transparent :)

I work alot with jquery, so I put this on the todolist to convert it to jquery style.

great job

• Hi Ciul,

This is very interesting concept and will be great as an overlay on a pano *smile*. Although I feel it is a bit misleading when you mention pages loading within distorted hotspots being in 'beta' above, as this would require the page to be loaded and rendered inside of the Flash player (not as a javascript overlay) and this is something that the Flash player is not going to be capable of any time soon (html parsing and loading images from websites that do not have open crossdomain.xml files in place).

Keep up the good work though *thumbsup* !

Jason

Edited 6 times, last by odysseyjason (December 29, 2010 at 12:57 AM).

• Thanks tuur.

I'm already on the xml parser to read the xml files automatically on pano loads but well, also taking it easy for celebrating these days *smile*
    new year's coming *smile*

How sad other users being's so aggressive...

Anyway, nice to know some fo you like it.

Best regards,
    Ciul

• Hi Yomas.

Happy new year *g*

Hopefully soon.
    I'm currently working on a general XML2Object converter so that will make me easy to read XML files, as a general approach and then focus on Krpano XML nodes specifically.

The point is, I also work on other scripts for others stuff that will be nice too to feed from a simple XML file.
    I develop another script called MooGooMaps, which makes easier and agile to use Google Maps with minimum effort.

The bottle neck is Internet Explorer and its tendency for no support standards, they do things their own way. But I already found a workaround to that. So have for sure that cross browser compatibility is important for me and so good for all you.

I also was taking a rest and well, these days I was adding new things to other scripts of my own *tongue* , you may or may not care about that, hehehe.

To resume, good things are on their way so don't worry, they will arrive soon.

Best regards,
    Ciul.

• Okay ^^
    Normal just take your time everyone has planty work I'm sure *wink*
    Pretty great you're sharing that in fact *thumbsup*
    I'm working with a friend to create a pack of customisable hotspots via xml cause there's few of them available !!
    It's not as hard as your stuff but may help some nooby's in flash ^^
    Let you know when ready ^^
    Thanks again for the community helping !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!