Scenes-prev-next-Buttons 1.08

• Hello

The scenes-prev-next-buttons example works perfect - I have it working in my project now !!

Is there a safe limit to the number of scenes that can be in a single xml file?

Some locations sets I am working on could have up to 50 scenes in it - seems like a lot to list within a single xml page, but maybe its ok?

Any suggestions?

heres my scene code- See anything that can be be improved...

*smile* Thank you for your help.

<!-- PANO 1 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

<scene name="scene1" onstart=" ">

<image type="QTVR">
    <qtvr url="media/backyard.mov" setview="true" />
    </image>
    <include url="xml/nadar.xml" />
    <include url="xml/panocontrols.xml" />
    <include url="xml/includes.xml" />
    <include url="xml/compass.xml" />
    <include url="xml/browser.xml" />

<!-- LOOK AT -->
    <view hlookat ="230.420252"
    vlookat ="0.0"
    camroll ="0.0"
    fovtype ="VFOV"
    fov ="120.0"
    fovmin ="80.00"
    fovmax ="120.0"
    maxpixelzoom ="NaN"
    limitfov ="true"
    fisheye ="0.00"
    fisheyefovlink="0.50"
    stereographic ="false"
    pannini ="false"
    architectural ="0.0"
    architecturalonlymiddle="true"
    limitview ="auto"
    hlookatmin ="NaN"
    hlookatmax ="NaN"
    vlookatmin ="NaN"
    vlookatmax ="NaN"
    />

<!-- RESET VIEW -->
    <plugin name="reset" url="../interfacebuttons/resetview.png"
    keep="false"
    visible="true" enabled="true" handcursor="true" capture="true" children="true"
    zorder="500"
    alpha="1.0" blendmode="normal"
    smoothing="true"
    origin="bottom" edge="center"
    x="-123" y="45"
    width="24" height="24"
    scale="1"
    onover="set(alpha,1.0);"
    onhover="showtext(Reset Scene View);"
    onout="set(alpha,1.0);"
    onclick=" action(rectview); set(fovtype,VFOV); set(fov,120); lookto(230.420252,0.0,100.00);"

/>
    <action name="rectview">tween(view.fovmax, 120.0, distance(100, 0.25), easeoutquad);
    tween(view.architectural, 0.0, distance(1.0, 0.25), easeoutquad);
    tween(view.fisheye, 0.35, distance(1.0, 0.25), easeoutquad, set(view.stereographic,false);set(display.flash10,on); );</action>

</scene>

All Else Passes, Art Alone Endures.

• i think that would depend on how much scene specific data will be in each scene. if they are going to have alot of hotspots, html text data that is different in each scene then it might be better to split them up. if you have alot of hotspot/html data in each scene it all has to be parsed from the start that could become a large xml. if the scenes have their own xml they can be loaded 1 at a time as needed instead of all at once at the start.

• Xml file, per se, will not be a problem. It will at most be at some tens of KBs. Thing to consider, as mentioned by @VN2009, is the number of images that have to be downloaded when the xml is parsed. Images tend to be a few MBs in size and they will need some time to load.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!