Virtual-Tour for Kameha Grand Hotel in Bonn

• Hi everybody!

I'd like to show our latest virtual tour. It's a tour for the Kameha Grand Hotel in Bonn (Germany).

The tour itself consists of 30 panoramas and each panorama was taken as a hdr to allow extensive editing.

The tour also works on IPhone/IPad even though with a limited functional range.

Thanks for your remarks.

Here is the direct link to the tour:
    http://www.virtual-panorama-tours.de/references/kameha/index.php

• The images are 8192x4096. In the tour a cube face is of size 1024x1024.

i dont think that is right. i know the ipad cubes faces are 1024x1024 but i usually export to 7000x3500 and my cube faces are 2200x2200.

i thought those were scene titles and could not figure out how to find more than the 5 panos that are available at start. once you hover over a thumb it is more clear.

• Well, I'm not quite sure if we talk about the same thing. Fact is that the size of images used as input for krpano is 8192x4096.
    I do thing that you mean this by export, don't you?

Due to performance and data reasons we scaled down the size of the images to 1024x1024 for a cube face.
    Therefore we have 6 cube faces for each panorama with option tilesize=1024 and level=1.

Code
    <image type='CUBE' multires='true' tilesize='512' />
        <level tiledimagewidth='1024' tiledimageheight='1024'/>

For the Ipad you are right, the size is fix to 1024x1024 for a cube face.
    And we also have the 6 cube faces for each panorama as above.

• i dont think that is right. i know the ipad cubes faces are 1024x1024 but i usually export to 7000x3500 and my cube faces are 2200x2200.

i thought those were scene titles and could not figure out how to find more than the 5 panos that are available at start. once you hover over a thumb it is more clear.

Nice panoramas but I agree the navigation is very confusing. Most normal visitors will never discover more tan the initial 5 panoramas.
    And you really need a fullscreen button. We can figure out to use the right click option but 99 % of the normal users will never find it.

Hans

Nice panoramas but I agree the navigation is very confusing. Most normal visitors will never discover more tan the initial 5 panoramas.
    And you really need a fullscreen button. We can figure out to use the right click option but 99 % of the normal users will never find it.

Now when I think about it, you may be right. The interface it not very self-explaining.
    We decided to add an info-button (popup same explaination) and a fullscreen-button soon.

Thanks for your helping comments.

Makooze

• Hy Makooze,
    Very nice and very HQ. Indeed nav is a bit confusing but way better then 90% of what I see on the web.Its easy to solve. I noticed that working with frames is not possible on an Ipad. I know: frames are oldskool. I this done with tables or layers.
    Greeetings from Groningen

• Great photography! The nav is a little confusing but could be solved by using some type of tab structure to indicate the thumbnails below the text link are in the corresponding gallery.

Right now it seems like those text links are labels for the thumbnails.

Panos look amazing!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!