You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 8:23pm

Closing embedded KRpano instance

Hello,

I am trying to dynamically load several KRPanos into a large AS3 project (only one open at a time, of course), and thus far have been able to make a URL request and load the embedded player via a URL loader and addChild. This works fine. However, I have spent hours trying to figure out to make it go away when I want to close it.
've tried to use "removeChild" for the embedded player, looked around in the KRPano documentation for actions to do this, etc. Can it be done?

Here's a basic structure of my project:

- Main.fla:
loads lots of stuff, creates user interface, etc. Contains a button to load KRpanos, which will then make a URL request and addchild to the embedded KRPano swf.
-- KRPano swf: loads a KRPano xml and works fine, has buttons, but I can't figure out how to close it.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, January 7th 2011, 9:39pm

Hi,
Can it be done?
currently not,
the krpano was simply never designed for that,
but I'm already working on the 1.0.9 version, there it should be possible when ready,

best regards,
Klaus

Friday, January 7th 2011, 10:23pm

currently not,
the krpano was simply never designed for that,
but I'm already working on the 1.0.9 version, there it should be possible when ready,

best regards,
Klaus
Danke schön!

Saturday, April 14th 2012, 10:36am

I think you can temporarily use this method

krpano.call("loadpano(null,null,IGNOREKEEP)");