KRPano with Joomla on XAMPP with JUMI

• As if the Subject isn't confusing enough...

Here is my issue and I'm hoping someone has encountered this before. I am trying to incorporate KRPANO into Joomla 1.5 (Graydon) has been a huge help, but right now I am working on the site locally using "XAMPP", once complete I'll upload it.

Anyways, using JUMI I can get the PANO to load I keep getting the "Javascript not activated" error. No matter what dir I place my "swfobject" files in I am unable to access it. Does anyone have any experience with this.

I've put them in every possible location, and I've used every combination of dir changes to find them and nothing. "/", "../", "../", "../../"...

Thanks...

• first of all you must install jce 1.5 editor.
    second enabled the php and javascript tag.
    use html module and copy the code of your flash object as usually done for the html page.
    in the head of the index.php insert the link to the swfobject folder.
    i've solved the problem and anythink work correctly.
    hope this can help you..

• in the jce administrator - control panel - global configuratione in the selectbox of allow Javascript and allow PHP set yes both..
    so after you copy and paste in the module php tag and javascript tag will not erase after update.
    you must change a little bit the orginal code,
    this is my code:

<div id="krpano" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"><strong>Please install Flash® and turn on Javascript.</strong></div>
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
    // <![CDATA[

var root='images/path_to_your_folder/'
    var so = new SWFObject(""+root+"krpano.swf", "krpanoSWFObject", "740", "500", "9.0.28","#ffffff");
    so.addParam("allowFullScreen","true");
    so.addParam("base",""+root+"");
    so.addVariable("pano", "your_file.xml");
    so.useExpressInstall(""+root+"swfobject/expressinstall.swf");
    so.setAttribute('xiRedirectUrl', window.location);
    if ( so.write("krpano") ) { var mousewheelfixes = new SWFkrpanoMouseWheel(so); }
    // ]]>
    // --></script>

add var root to make easy path.
    images = joomla/folder but you can put everywhere

root add to original file..

this will work.. !!

• If you want to code directly, then I don't think JCE or other 3rd party wysiwyg editor is needed just for the ability to include code without it being stripped.

On 1.5x you can change the HTML filter to allow pretty much anything.

reference... http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_some_…ersion_1.5.8%3F
    and... http://docs.joomla.org/Screen.content…ions_.28HTML.29

I tested it out a long time ago and I am pretty sure that if you remove the filter from the superadmin... then it allows you to use code in articles however you want.

Also to be aware of is that if you have 1.5.7 or earlier and then upgrade to 1.5.8... there was a bug that turned on filtering for everyone... even blocking what the editors would allow. It's been fixed in 1.5.9 per the site information.

Where Jumi comes into play is that it doesn't matter what html filters and editors you use... you can just put a single jumi plugin line in your content and keep on going.

In Jay's case... (using jumi) the html filters wouldn't be an issue.

Either route should work... it's just a matter of personal preference on inserting code in every article... or using a plugin like jumi that allows you to change one instance of code and have it flow through your entire site... for example... I changed the basic layout of my articles and gave them a lot more room. Using jumi, I just changed my source code to adjust the embed width / height... and it effected every single pano on the site. Otherwise I would have had to edit every article.

HOWEVER... I think there's a more fundamental challenge with using XAMPP and figuring out the correct folder structure / syntax so that the swfobject.js can be found and utilzed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!