Resize iPad landscape/portrait problem

• Have anyone noticed a problem when viewing panos on webpages in portrait and landscapes.

I have the panos sized at 96% width and 80% height at panoramas.dk and when you turn the page from landscape to portrait it works fine, however turning it back to landscape it seems to keep the height size and you have to manually zoom the page back to fit.
    This might be a bug in my CSS settings but after trying it in Goodreader I discovered that it works perfect . It surprises me as Good reader is based on the same as Safari.

Also the new Skyfire has problems with this. It crashes very often when changing from landscape to portrait.

Hans

• Hi,

I have the panos sized at 96% width and 80% height at panoramas.dk and when you turn the page from landscape to portrait it works fine, however turning it back to landscape it seems to keep the height size and you have to manually zoom the page back to fit.

I'm not sure yet anymore, but I think that is one of the Safari default behaviors, but I think you can control that with the <meta> settings in the html,

Also the new Skyfire has problems with this. It crashes very often when changing from landscape to portrait.

I don't know the Skyfire browser, but as the memory usage is the critical factor on the iPhone/iPad for crashing, and when that browser uses already more memory for himself, then this can/will be the reason for crashing,

so far I know this is that a basic design of the iOS system - when one app is using too much memory, it will be closed by the iOS automatically,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I just bought the iCab browser. It works correct and the pages adapts to the screen what ever way you turn the pages.
    So now it is 3 against 1 Skyfire works also correct when it does not crash.

I consider this a bug in Safari now.
    I found that Don Bains pages with Pano2VR panoramas have same problem.

I checked the developer Console. 1 error It says Viewport argument "target-densitydpi" not recognized Content ignored.
    This does not relate to this I guess.

Hans

• Looks like I was to fast to recommend the iCab browser. Even if it worked fine initially it now crashes all mine and also others KRpano sites. As soon as you use the fullscreen button on the page I it crashes.
    If I use the browser fullscreen option before I load panos the pages work but still the page fullscreen button crashes it.
    Do not understand why. It works perfect in Safari , actually I have not yet experienced a single crash on my iPad panos in Safari even if I have on a couple of other sites.

Only problem I have is the turn around problem from portrait to landscape.
    Hans

• I have viewed this site with my iPhone 4 (that you listed elsewhere) and it seems to have no issues with landscape or portrait.

http://360-foto.dk/stjakobs/index.html

Could your problems stem from using the iframe for your site?

No I do not use iFrames any more for the new KRpano/HTML5 pages but it is correct that the problem is when the pano is a part of page with text.
    Thats why the church panos work fine as long as you open the tour directly. But it is intended to be used as a part of their page.
    I
    have checked 360cities today and they have the same problem.

And Don Bains Pano2VR iPad version also.
    http://virtualguidebooks.com/BC/NorthernBC/…lmonGlacier.php

Unfortunately my IFrame way does not work with the Fullframe (full window) option for iPad.
    The problem only appears if you go from portrait to landscape, the other way around works fine.

Hans

• I found what causes the problem.
    In the General settings for the iPad there is a Zoom setting under accessibility. If you turn this on this problems occurs in Safari. Fortunately it is not turned on as default but I did it a week ago when checking out the settings.

But as it does work correct in the other browsers even with it on I still consider it a bug.

Fortunately the default is off but I had turned it on to test week ago.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!