Right syntax for displaying text in image-gallery example...

• Hi all

I want to display text under images in ImageGallery example, but I don't know how to do that. I know that I have to do it in thumbbar.xml and imagegallery.xml - have done many tries but no success...
    I think I have to write something like :

Code
    showtext('my comment #', comment);

after

Code
    set(plugin[%1].zorder, 3);

of the thumbbar_showimage action in the thumbbar.xml
    and put my comments #1, #2, #3... after the start action (or before) in the image-gallery.xml file.
    As the comments come above image, I think I can get rid of xoffset and yoffset in the textstyle.
    Obviously this doesn't work, because it's not the right syntax.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks

Philippe

Edited once, last by Albomec (January 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM).

• Hi,

Not the solution, but before you lost time, probably you need to use "textfield" plugin in place of "showtext()"

because, as explained in documentation,
    "showtext() : show a text message on the screen, yes, but only one text can be shown at one time!
    When calling showtext again the current shown text will be removed!"

From my own and small experiment, showtext() is a good solution to display "comment" with onover/onhover() actions.

• Hi jpdeglet69

Thanks for your response.
    As the next click on a thumbnail loads a new image (with a new comment), showtext() seems to be the right way to display comment. Isn't it? :°).
    This said, I'll run a try with textField.
    But my problem is still there ; is my method the good one, and what is the right syntax? Moreover, I'm not very very familar with scripting...

Regards

Philippe

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!