bugreport: HIGHSHARP doesn't work in FP10 (see the images)

• Hi! I think there's a bug in HIGHSHARP with FP10 on, look at these images:

FP10:

FP9:

If we use fisheye > 0.15 then HIGHSHARP works fine in FP10.
    But in the docs there's nothing about using fisheye for HIGHSHARP...
    is the HIGHSHARP algorithm working only with fisheye > 0 (at really the effect is only visibile with fisheye > 0.15)?

• Well there is something with Fisheye and Flash10

Zitat

Enable/disable the usage of the Flashplayer 10 rendering possibilities.
    Possible values: "on", "off"

Since the Flashplayer 10 there are new rendering functions in the Flashplayer avialable. This functions allow to render flat surfaces (bitmaps) with a perfect 3D perspective distortion. In the older Flashplayer 9 on the other side, it was only possible to simulate the 3D perspective distortion bytesslating/spliting the 3D model into many small elements and draw the small elements without perspective distortion.

The new functions have advantages and disadvantages:

* advantages: better quality, faster in high quality
    * disadvantages: slower (especially when rendering many elements), no automatic mipmapping

Note - when using the fisheye / stereographic distortion it is still necessary to tesslate/split the 3D model into many small elements. This can be slow with the usage of the Flash10 rendering functions. Therefore it would be recommended to disable Flash10 for that usage.

You could use Fisheye + FP10 I guess, but you should use StillQuality10 for Highsharp

• Yes but there's no anything about needing fisheye != 0 for HIGHSHARP and FP10.
    FP10 on has a better quality than FP10 off.
    But FP10 is slower than FP10 if we use fisheye != 0

Is not possible to use HIGHSHARP with FP10 and fisheye=0 ?

• Hi,

this is an known problem:

when a filter (like the sharpen filter) was applied, then the flashplayer converts internally the resulting pano image to a flash internal bitmap, and here it also adds the non-visible elements that were outside the screen,
    now finally when the size of this internal bitmaps becomes larger then 2880 pixels in any direction, it will not apply the filter anymore,

with fisheye it works because here the pano will be split up into many small elements and krpano will remove/not-render the out of screen elements, so the final internal pano size will keep below the 2880 pixels size,

I already found a way to fix that problem, but there a still some bugs with in combination with the <area> usage left, so I can't offer a solution for that yet,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the 2880px has nothing do with the pano size! that's all internal, I just wanted to explain the technical behind!
    it's the internal pano polygon object projected to screen, when it's dimension is larger than 2880px the flashplayer can't apply the filter anymore,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!