• Anyone has experience with executing a droplet (or a .exe / .bat in general) on a server?

When I read about executing a .exe, it looks so simple.

PHP
    <?php exec('krtransform.exe -someparameter etc') ?>

Is this really it?

Can this be done on a webserver? Or must this be a dedicated server?
    What would be a sample path to the .exe? do you need to put it in the cgi bin?
    Should I use exec or passthru?

• Hi,

yes, that would work,
    depending on your server (Windows or Linux) you need to use the right tools of course,

Can this be done on a webserver? Or must this be a dedicated server?

that depends on your server/provider,

What would be a sample path to the .exe? do you need to put it in the cgi bin?

local folder would work, but you can use any other folder too, then you must specfic the path to it of course,

Should I use exec or passthru?

exec is okay, the tools don't output binary files to stdout,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

i am trying to achieve exactly what you are talking about here in this old thread.

Is there anybody that can help , a bit hands on?

i have managed to upload a file to the server by php script ... and then...

i tried some but i think/am sure i do some things wrong. Also tried the code from shanti, but maybe put things wrong..
    I don't know..

Maybe somebody can provide some full code and working example.. and description for php starters. Or just go through process hands on..

I managed already:
    - upload a picture
    - i fillin a form so that i can add a pano (that is allready on the server) to a tour with map spots and different languages, hlookat etc
    - that when you click a button you get an email with direct link to that specific pano etc..
    - some mysql connections and put an get info and use that
    all in php/ mysql

for this study project only the droplet execute on the server get's my brain crazy *cry* as far as it is not *g*

Hope somebody kicks in!

Thanx in advance!!

Tuur *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!